My wifes funeral service donation box

• 3 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Family and friends said farewell to my beautiful wife Denise on Monday 16th May. Denise didn't like a fuss but at our local crematorium, it was standing room only. I didn't see all the people behind me but I was over whelmed by the numbers, The donation box to Macmillan had over £274 which I rounded to £300. I just hope my sadness will help people who are starting the dreadful process. Now I have to deal with the estate but I know I will be getting support from my family and friends during this process.

• I’m so glad this went well for you, I have my darling husbands funeral next Wednesday and am dreading it.

Denise  must have been very loved  

• Yes I think she was. The day after she died , she would have been 60 and so I had all of her birthday  cards to open. Everyone that I have spoken to who have gone through the loss of a loved one says it gets easier. I am not going to say that as I am not at that stage and I think it will be a long time before that happens. I just hope everything goes well next Wednesday. Even though I am a northerner, I still sobbed my heart out and am still doing so each day. Just the little things can start me going. Take care and let me know how it goes.

Tomorrow is another day