Size has nothing to do with strength

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

You have to remember that Gill was 4'10" and 7 stone 4lbs wet through, always stylish and always in glitter, my little Princess.  You are given a terminal cancer diagnosis what do you do?  Initially you fall apart, then pick yourself up and decide that this cancer isn't going to define you.  
In the cemetery next to where Gills Dad, Gran and Brother are buried, there was a huge tree, this was cut down maybe 10 years ago, but Gill realised that this could now be used as a burial plot and that she wanted to be close to family when she passed away.  So she badgered the council into allocating the plot a number and then badgered me into buying the plot - as a Christmas present.  So all you husbands who think that maybe vacuum cleaner or an iron are risky (done both!) Christmas presents, I win, the most inappropriate present award.
We traveled the borough looking at gravestones and verses until Gill had an idea of what she wanted - heart shaped, fully polished, engraved red roses side and front, diamantes either side of her name, photograph fired in Italy on ceramic tile.  You get the idea, then she set about organising the funeral  and both wakes, with party bags. The party bags had little mementos, such as a silver heart with her thumb print cast into it.  Sorry Boris but we had a wake days before Gill passed away, with maybe a few more than 30 present, there was no-way that Gill was going to miss the best party in her honour.  Unfortunately Gill went to bed after the party and never got back out, she passed away 4 days later, but the smile on her face as she lay on the sun lounger with the dozens of friends and family seated in chairs all around at the BBQ I will never forget.
Turns out that when looking down the barrel of a loaded gun, you don't back away, you just get on with life as best you can and prepare for the worst.
The bravest, smartest person that I have ever met.

Sorry guys, just having a really bad day, too many memory's, very tired, and don't want to climb the stairs alone again, how I wish that I had a fraction of Gills strength.

• Bless you xxxx l know that no amount of words will help but my heart goes out to you xx. What a brave lady, where do they get there strength and willpower  from ?. She must have been one special lady xxx

• in reply to Andy131
    Thinking of you Disappointed

my Wife Linda, planned and paid for her funeral, unbeknown  to me,  chose her hymns etc. I think I mentioned about her funeral once, but she just said” Don’t worry about it it’s all sorted “ so likewise I have organised my funeral, my plaque is to be placed next to my Wife’s.

Please take good care of yourself Thumbsup

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories