Problems making posts

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi

Recently when making posts, I get error messages about not having permission, or some other error, or it says I have been disconnected and will attempt to reconnect me.

when this happens, usually I lose all the text I have typed. What I do now is highlight the text, very so often and click Copy, and always just before clicking Reply etc. then if something goes wrong I can simply paste the text into a new post.

it’s impossible to remember what I have typed, it all comes from my heart, from my emotions, so this is IMO the best way

keep safe and well 

• Hi 
    I've had the "no permission" error before and it was because I wasn't signed in properly.  Check in the top right hand corner before you start a post, for your avatar, bokmark and notification icon - it's the menu bar in solid green.  If there is only a head icon then it means you're not logged in - click it and enter username and password and that will get rid of the permissions error.  

It might not be the root cause for you, but something to check.  

Excellent workaround with the cut and paste.  

• Thanks, think that was the issue, was logged in , but then wasn’t Shrug tone1‍ always copy the text now, been caught out too many times on other forums also, always before clicking Post or Reply, if the screen goes blank, at least it’s safe.

have requested a feature to auto save every so often, seen that on other forums 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hi 

There is effectively an auto save already in place. If you appear to lose what you've typed then 9 times out of 10 if you click on the same reply button that you were replying to your message will still be there. 

Mind you, if I've done a long reply to someone I do copy it before hitting reply in case I get one of those 1 in 10 occasions when it hasn't saved it Slight smile

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"