Christmas as good as it can be

• 9 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take a couple of moments to come online here and to extend my good Christmas wishes to all of you. I don't say "wishing you a happy Christmas" because I know that only very few of us on here will describe their Christmas as a happy one this year. But my wish for you all is that Christmas will be as good as it can be because, yes, even though it is a very different Christmas experience and one that none of us wanted, there can be good things about it. I hope that nobody is alone this Christmas.

I am in Germany with my parents. Unfortunately, my brother isn't able to join us as he is working in a skiing resort. The situation here is very difficult as my dad's illness is progressing rapidly and both my mum - who has suddenly become a fulltime carer - and my dad are struggling big time; and I, especially due to my background as end of life companion, find it difficult to just hold space and not to interfere too much. But the tree is up, even the presents are already under the tree, the food is ready to be prepared, and we are looking forward to the quiet days.

So, please, have Christmas as good as it can be. Lots of love to you all! Mel.