Special Dates..

• 21 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Today 21.12.21 is my husband's Birthday, tomorrow our Wedding Anniversary ... followed by Christmas. 

This time of year was always special to us as we often went away on holiday at this time of year to celebrate  all 3 special dates.

Now, I  am left with memories and mourning the loss of the years we should have had left together Heart 

• Dear Pooka,

I feel your pain.

Big Hug.

John

• Those special dates are the hardest. I hope that you find peace in celebrating what you had with your husband, trying to be grateful for all that was. I always try to think about the people who never found that special someone. Easier said than done. I know how you feel.

Sending you a big hug.

xx

Antoine

• My wedding anniversary should be 23/12. He died on 28/12. 

I try not to dwell and think too much,! 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Alison,

Your anniversary is a day after mine Heart decoration

My husband passed away a couple of days before my birthday.

xx

• We used to go away at this time of the year too. Gilles died on 20/12, His service was on the 24th. I buried his ashes on the 27th and my birthday is the 30th. Yippee! What used to be the best time of the year for me was turned into the most painful

• Why does it happen like that? 

My first husband died only one week after our anniversary.

Strange isn't it 

Hope your special day goes ok xxx

• I think you're quite lucky! Worst time of the year now but after that you can relax for the rest of the year! ;-)

For me anniversary is 1st august, Juliette's passing 16th august, her birthday in November, then Christmas. It's different triggers. Not sure which is best!

• I don't think any of them are! 

I thought I would be fine but then my mum decided she would have her usual dig at me (she can't help herself), Hannah has a positive PCR and my boyfriend's son is being a total knob! So my coping mechanisms went! I confess to tears! My dad, son and friend were the only ones who got it! But no hugs which is what I needed! 

Just need one Christmas to be better for once. I loved it as a child but now it is full of unhappy times which Ric contributed too with his alcoholic ways!!! I wish I could somehow wipe those memories! 

Anyway trying to be cheery. Have a good Christmas everyone, doing as you feel comfortable.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi Alison, sending you a virtual hug sorry not the same as the real thingHugging

I have been completely selfish for the last few years over Xmas as I really dislike the whole time mainly due to how my parents were, I can not sit there and pretend to play happy families! Craig & I mostly headed abroad which was my plan this year until Covid intervened, I’m now walking & having a picnic with a good friend who equally dislikes Xmas so suits us both.

Love Tracey xx