I lost my partner of 24 years in September

• 7 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi - I lost my partner of 24 years in September to bladder cancer. He was my whole life and my best friend and only 54 when he passed. I feel completely lost, alone and robbed and don't know how to go on.

• Sorry to hear of your loss Magmee .. 

Sadly everyone on this group can identify with your feelings. But, many have found that chatting/reading posts on here has helped to process the grief. We all understand your feelings of loss, the feeling that you have been robbed of your soul mate and your future plans that you believed would happen.

We all comprehend your anger, despair, loneliness.... 

My husband was also 54 and I can totally understand your feelings that you feel robbed, both of the present and of the future years that you should have enjoyed together.

Take it a day at a time x

• Magmee, very sorry for your loss & also that you find yourself part of this group.

I am sure you will find that the members on here will be able to offer you some kind of support & comfort as you navigate life over the next few weeks/months with out your partner.

I lost my partner only 8 weeks ago after a very short battle with cancer Craig was only 56 never did I expect to be widowed at 51! 

Please use the forum to reach out to other who get your situation.

Gentle hugs

Tracey xx

• Hi Magmee 

In October I lost my husband- we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in July and had been together for a few years before that  He was only 60 and I was  52 when he went. I feel the same that we have been robbed of our future - while we have lots of family and friends we were happiest when just on our own. I’ve always been a keen walker and converted Dave early on in our relationship so walking became our thing Now I can’t bear the thought of going walking without him. 
    One day at a time - is all we can do for now. Take care x 

• Hi Jillybean74

So sorry you have lost your husband. Life is just so cruel.

Absolutely dreading Christmas without Ian and don't have many friends or family so just trying to take it one day at a time, but it's so hard Cry

Really appreciate all the kind messages on here.

Take care and all best wishes x

• Hi Tracey 

I'm so sorry for your loss. I  bet 8 weeks have somehow dragged and flown past at the same time if your experience is anything like mine. 

Everyone I've heard from has been so supportive, I'm glad I joined.

Very best wishes x

• Hi Pooka

Many thanks for your kind words. Yes, just hearing from other people who feel as I do is helpful, albeit incredibly sad.

Just trying to keep going but it's so very hard, especially at this time of year. 

Take care and best wishes x

• So sorry to hear of your loss Magmee, everyone on here can, I’m sure, relate to your feelings of loss and loneliness..  My husband of 41 years passed away on 15th October and I have days of being ‘ok’ and days of being totally distraught - but always that constant feeling of being alone.

I've been shutting myself away but am now making an effort to go out each day even if it is just a half an hour walk through the village, breath the fresh air and try to see beauty around me.

All you can do is live each day as it comes.

In the words of Captain Tom Moore “Tomorrow will be a good day” 

Take care
    J x