Song lyrics...evoking memories

• 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

They say the pen is mightier than the sword... how true that is. When you read a book, a poem, or hear a song lyric that can instantly evoke a memory or a reminder of a loved one whom you have lost.

Just recently I have had one song constantly going round in my head...it pretty much sums up how I feel. December is a sad, poignant month for me, as I approach my beloved husband's birthday, our wedding anniversary and Christmas, all within a couple days of each other.

Musical note Memories by Maroon 5 Notes                                "There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no pain
When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same
Now my heart feels like December when somebody says your name
'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day"

• So true! I  lost my partner in September and find myself in floods of tears at certain songs. The thought of Christmas is making it harder, too.

• There's a time that I remember, when I didn’t know any pain
    When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same

the words are so true. December is also tough for me, my Linda having her Birthday on Christmas Day. As we approach Christmas I find I am crying more, over our special memories and that’s she’s not here to make any more. My eldest Son is having a particularly tough time at the moment, think he suppressed his emotions, now they are coming to the surface. All keeping a very close eye on him

keep safe and well

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Such a sad time of year, Keith. 

Hope your son gets the help he needs to get through this terrible time. My partner's Dad isn't coping too well, either, but doesn't really want to talk and now his other son has been diagnosed as needing chemo, so he's close to breaking point. 

Hard to stay strong during all of this and hard to see the point but just trying to keep going.

• My Son has improved, seems just had a bad few days, busy this morning on wattsapp group chat, sounds his old self, fingers crossed 

so sorry to hear your sad news, life isn’t kind to us. I still believe talking helps, maybe your partners dad will manage to, it’s just another healing mechanism 

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories