Recently ‘windowed’

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello Everyone

my husband died less than a fortnight ago and I am completely bereft. He had Multiple Myeloma and died a year and a day after diagnosis whereas I was anticipating that he would still be with me for a number of years, as is the case with most Myeloma patients.

It’s still too early for me to really share my story as I’m aware that I’m still in shock and am still waiting to awake from this nightmare.
I did want to share something that I am finding very helpful however and wonder whether anyone else has come across it. It’s a podcast called Grief Cast in which the host talks with people, mainly comedians but not all, who have experienced bereavement. One of the episodes focuses on the daughter of the late Labour MP Tessa Jowell for example and is incredibly moving. I’m finding it hard to engage with people in the ‘real’ world at the moment.

Kindest thoughts to everyone on this site.

PS I’ve decided that I can’t refer to myself as a ‘widow’ - it just doesn’t feel right. The nearest I can cope with is ‘window’ because I feel that I could shatter into pieces at any moment.

• Hello Crowster,

I am sorry to read of your loss and fully understand the pain you are going through.

Many people will share what you are feeling, the world seems an empty place, I am confident you can share as little or as much as you like

when you are ready.

Stay safe.

John.

• Hello

I am so sorry for your loss, don’t ever feel rushed to share your feelings, you have been very brave joining this forum.

I remember how bad I was only 2 weeks after my Wife passed in complete denial. Couldn’t stop crying a complete mess. 

I hope you have family or close friend(s) support, don’t be afraid to ask your GP for help.

if you can’t face the forum, you can always Private message me and I will help you in whatever way I can

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hello Crowster

My beloved husband died nine months ago also from multiple myeloma. I’m always around somewhere if you need a shoulder anytime. I’ll accept a private message if that is easier for you.

June x