New beginnings

• 7 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I’ve been absent for a while as I have started a new relationship and wanted to focus on it. We have both been bereaved through cancer, so their is a level of understanding and acceptance re feelings for our dead spouses. Neither of us is looking for a replacement relationship but to  build a new and unique relationship. I know for many of you  the hurt and pain of bereavement is still incredibly raw. But for those that have supported me through this I want to let you know I’m at peace with the loss of Jerry and looking forward to my new direction. Love to all. X 

• Good luck in your new relationship Huggingx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Wishing you the very best of luck and sincere future happiness 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• That's the best thing that can happen. Slight smile

I hope you all the best and happiness. Xx

• Thank you so much for this beautiful post and I wish you every happiness in your new relationship. As you may or may not have read, I have recently started thinking of a new relationship again realising that at the age of only 39 I want and need another relationship. But, in fact, I don't think it matters how old we are, it is never to late to find new happiness - a different one to the one we shared with our loved one, but happiness all the same. Life is too precious not to go for it and to keep ourselves from the experience of something new because of the love that we can no longer have. I still love Paul, and always will, but I know that he would be so happy for me and relieved as well to know that I have found somebody new who makes me happy. Lots of love X

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• I have been in a new relationship for a year. He cares for me and shows it, even taking a couple of hours to make me an advent calendar as strangely in our area they were all sold out! 

It is nice to be loved and to love again. In an ideal world it might happen to us all.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• So very pleased for you, I wonder if I will be as lucky, at 68 I just don’t know, not even in a comfortable enough place to consider it yet.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hi puddle fish.

What a lovely post. So pleased to hear that you are  focusing on a different kind of happiness. Whilst the loss is permanent - I do think there is room to find more love, whether it be a passion or indeed in a relationship. 

I remember us having a similar timeline - I too feel a lot "lighter" and enjoying day to day life. 

All my best wishes and with lots of love,

Dutsie Xx