One month on - think I’m going crazy !

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

This past evening at 9.35pm it was one month since my darling Sharon passed away in my arms. I collected her ashes on Monday and had the funeral directors place them in the wonderful urn I purchased on line (Cherished-urns.co.uk) and a small quantity in a small pack for keepsake jewellery.

At 9.30pm I took Sharon’s ashes upstairs and la n our bed and broke down in tears as I literally kissed and cuddled the urn as if she was beside me once more, saying over and over how much I loved her, missed her. Then explained to her how I regret ever letting go of her after she had passed, somehow feeling I could have just kept her safe somehow and just carried on stroking her silky soft cheeks and hands and a peck on her nose. 
There is truly still part of me holding onto the idea this is all still a really bad dream, I feel I’m literally hanging on by a thread, as you all know the pain of a broken heart is so great it’s overwhelming. Everyone says take each day, etc… and I understand and appreciate their sympathy, however it is only on this forum I feel people truly understand what I’m going through and can respond with genuine understanding.

But it’s tough and getting tougher, now I’m developing a fear of social interaction by thinking I’m just going to make everyone else around miserable as well. Hence the thought I’m really going crazy !!

love to all,

Paul x

• Yes, I can identify both with the feeling that you’re going mad, and the sadness of leaving her behind  

I made myself go out to see friends at the weekend because I knew that the longer I left it, the harder it would be.

I would be surprised if any of your friends expected you to be anything but miserable so soon after parting  from a beloved wife, but I bet they’re mourning her too. There is some consolation in remembering with friends and listening to their stories of your spouse. 

• hello Paul, we can all relate to this awful time in our lives being like a bad dream.  Amanda278 is right, your friends are mourning her too and understand your grief at this time.

The only thing I can say is lean on your friends, make sure you go out of the house even if it’s just for a short walk and if your friends want to meet up, do it.

I am a little further along then you and doing some volunteering work, it takes my mind of the hurt for a few hours and I feel like I am doing something worthwhile.

Take care

Glenis