Big girl pants at the ready

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Not had my best nights sleep, today I say goodbye to my soulmate Craig, the best husband I could of ever wished for, a kind caring sole who understood me & protected me. I’m thankful I had 22 wonderful years of marriage and during this time we never had an argument. It is a great shame but does not surprise me that his parents are not attending from Spain. I just hope I do him proud I have arranged a humanist minister, we are entering the crem to Jerusalem the anthem for England cricket we had done a number of barmy army tours, Mr Brightside by the Killers in the middle then leaving to Dance the night away by The Mavericks this was the first song we ever danced to together & played at our wedding.

It is just over 4 weeks since Craig passed away after a very short battle with lung cancer, we didn’t have all his test results back, but I have taken some comfort that he did not go through months of aggressive chemo, he was at home with me, it was quick which was his wish, but my god it’s left such a void in my life my heart actually hurts at times. It has been a big help to have a friend stay for the last few days my bestie from school, equally have other great friends, I had an opportunity to meet up with some of Craig’s family yesterday which has helped a little for today.

I have visited Craig twice in the funeral home & talked him through today’s arrangements I wish him a safe & calm journey over rainbow bridge until we meet again Mr H - love u to the moon & back xxx

• hi, you will have done him proud.  You have picked songs that mean a lot to you both, it will be emotional for you but you re there to celebrate Craig’s life.

Will his parents be able to watch or view the service in the next 28 days?  We had Robs streamed as the older contingent of Robs family didn’t attend and friends/family who live abroad wanted to be part of.

Thinking of you today.

Take care

Glenis

xx

• It sounds like you’ve done a magnificent job. I hope amidst the sadness today, there is comfort - and even laughter - as you reminisce with his friends and hear their most cherished memories of him.