Someone to hold

• 4 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi it has been a while since I was last on here but it has just turned 12 months since I lost my husband things have just turned upside down at the moment as my sister in law has just lost her husband. It is hard as she was not there for me when her brother died but I have been there for her helping her with all the paperwork and the diffrent stages of greaf.

I am finding it harder  and harder to bite my tongue though as even though she has apologise for not speaking to me for nearly 12 months she keeps saying that things are harder for her as she has lost a brother and a husband 

Is it wrong of me to feel such anger towards her if it wasn't for the fact my husband would have wanted me to help her I could happily tell her to get on with it on her own like I had to 

• I think you’re doing a really good thing by helping her because you know your husband would have wanted you to. But you’re only human - don’t beat yourself up by being annoyed with her when she’s being annoying!

• Thanks Amanda278 

I was out with her last night and had to listen to her tell me constantly that her losing her husband is worse than when I lost mine 

At 2 in the morning the only think I could think of doing was posting it on here so I did not argue with myself all night 

When I am around his dad and sister I find myself doing it a lot I don't say what I think to them and when I get home I rant to myself 

• I think that you are being an outstanding person for helping her. Don't beat yourself up.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Kate 41, clearly your moral compass is aligned and hence why you are helping. She will realise in the end & thank you for the help but until then continue to rant on here it is the right thing to do & hold your head up high xx