Marking time

• 14 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Today should have been our wedding anniversary. Instead I’m in our bed holding the blanket he liked to take to hospital and finally to the hospice. And he’s at the funeral directors ahead of the funeral in a fortnight, having died a week ago yesterday  

I do not know how to deal with this pain - it’s unbearable. How do people cope? Any guidance? We don’t have children so I don’t have to try and hold it together for anyone. I feel frantic with grief. 

• Hi Amanda,

I just keep telling myself it could have been so much worse.

I visited Craig this morning had a good chat with him again he just looked like he was fast asleep, I wished him a safe onward journey until we meet again. I really hope you have found some peace seeing your partner today & likewise let me know how you have found it.

My bestie is arriving this evening having travelled from France due to Covid not seen each other for 3yrs so really looking forward to this but obviously not under the circumstances.

sending hugs & strength to you for today

Tracey xx

• Yes, he did look asleep and peaceful. I sobbed my heart out and then spoke to him and stroked his arm. I kissed him on the cheek when I left - I knew he’d be cold of course, but the hardness gave me a jolt. I’m so glad I got to see him one more time. 

Tracey - so glad your bestie could get over to you. I hope the funeral goes well on Monday and that even amidst the sadness, all the people there who love you both, will help to celebrate Craig’s life with you too.