Christmas

• 12 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Sorry this is going to be a big of a rant. Why do people keep asking me what I’m going to do for Christmas- I can’t even say what I’m doing in a weeks time- how the hell do I know what I’m doing at Christmas? 
My husband died less than a month ago - stop asking me stupid questions Rage. Normally I love Christmas and would be planning but right now Im just trying to get through one day at a time. Anyone else getting this ? 

• Congratulations - gorgeous Heart eyes

• Same here, never been a big Xmas fan my kids grew up. As soon as we knew my darling Sharon had not long and wouldn’t see Xmas I said my Xmas would be alone with Tilly our dog. My door will be locked, one because I just want to spend the day as if I was at home with Sharon, and I will act and talk as if she is (call me mad if you wish, I really don’t care). The other reason as others may have said I know I’ll be sad and miserable and probably weepy, so I don’t want to spoil the day for anyone else. 
    I will therefore visit my grandkids on Xmas Eve if I feel able, but like others say I just have to see how I feel on the day.

Our past two Xmas days it has been me, Sharon my brother & partner plus a couple of friends who live on their own and we’ve had a really good day. Sadly that is now all in the past and at this stage I cannot see any real future without the only lady I ever truly loved, she was my whole life and soul and without her I have nothing.

as many have already said I will do what I want, for too long I’ve wasted time trying to keep my kids and others happy at my own expense, no more will this be the case.

best wishes to everyone and before we know it we will be safely ensconced in 2022, having endured probably the worst year of our lives.

Good Luck and together we can all get through these incredibly difficult days and the months ahead.

Paul x