Today’s been a hard one

• 5 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I’ve struggled today. Although Chris died on 19th October last year, today marks the anniversary of the last time we had together due to restrictions on visiting him in hospital. The reason I was allowed to visit was because it was decided that the thyroid cancer he’d been diagnosed with on 19th August (he could have an operation and then treatment that would sort it all out- a good prognosis at that point) had actually spread and was extremely aggressive, so there was no further treatment for him. So in many ways, I feel I lost him then. We certainly had no more time together apart from frequent phone calls- but they were hard for someone who had lost his voice! 
Needless to say, I’ve shed many tears today for the loss of such an amazing person, who’d been part of my life for over 46 years. That Chris shaped hole in my life is so very hard to deal with on days like today. 
Sorry for yet another ramble but the thing is, I know that there are people here who understand. 
Sending hugs 

Jane

xx

• Hi jane I m new on here my incredible wife passed away just over a month ago and I dont know how I get passed the next day so to hear from people like you who I think have done absolutely remarkable to be getting on with your life despite dates of certain anniversaries which are bound to have an enormous effect on you gives me hope for the future that I can at least live some kind of life ,thankyou and all the very best 
  • Thank you, much appreciated xx

• Hi Tellin,

Sorry to hear of your recent loss...

I think we all get through it by taking it one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Some days are harder than others as little reminders arise and you feel like you've taken a backward step. But gradually the days become weeks and you learn to muddle along.

Sadly, the pain and heartache remains but you learn to cope and move forward. There is no right or wrong way to deal with loss of a loved one ... just go at your own pace.

• Hi pooka thankyou for your kind words you are so right ,just watching su2c and and feel so lucky having been able to have 35 years with my incredible wife after seeing the heartbreaking stories of the people featured, but five minutes later thinking of Lynne and I feel absolutely distraught again, I am just taking it as you say minute ,hour ,day by day thankyou and all the best