Yet another trigger….

• 18 replies
  • 32 subscribers

So I’m sitting here in tears again. Why? I’ve just swapped handbags and found Chris’ top up card for the mobile he took into hospital. Sounds ridiculous but there you go, it’s this blooming’ grief thing. Gets you just when you don’t expect it

Jane

x

• Yes she did well. the little one started high school 3 weeks after losing her Mum but it was actually a good way to cope. It's amazing how children adjust. But it must have been much harder losing a step dad too.

I'm sure you're doing a great job too. Blush as you say it's hard sometimes to keep smiling while compensating but it's good to feel our missed ones by our side in those moments too.

Xx

• My son threw himself into his GCSEs when his dad died. Started them at that time but did struggle with A levels when it hit him! 

Well done to your daughter xxx

• Grief - the most heartless ninja!

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• Thank you for her. Yes I think it's been a good way to focus on something else too. She's starting A Levels now, new school, more stress. But I'm sure she'll be fine.

I think our little ones have had to grow up quicker than others but it made them stronger too somehow. And I was quite amazed to see the amount of friends who come up to me after Juliette's passing to let me know that they had grown up without a parent as well and that they would be fine.

Xx

• Hello

It really is the silliest of things, I found an empty Capri sun pouch in a cool bag we had used for our last day out, she was always so tidy, I couldn’t bear to throw it away, it’s on a small pile of keepsakes I have. Every time I open a drawer or a cupboard, there seems to be something else that triggers a memory and the tears return. Did some house work today, listening to one of Linda’s favourite singers Charlie Landsborough, ( turned up nice and loud ) Linda didn’t play ‘ her ‘ music very often, thought it would bore me, but actually it was very soothing, although very emotional, , had me sobbing for several hours whilst cleaning. Linda often called out to remind me to make sure I did this or that whilst cleaning, was very house proud. I talked to her while I cleaned her table and shelf next to where she used to sit, feels so natural. I tell,her how I miss her and how much I love her and how I wish so much she was still here with me.

take care of yourself, P.S.I have sent you a friend request.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• I came across a woollen hat the other day that my husband wore in the house during the hot summer last year, whilst wrapped up in a blanket during his illness. He really felt the cold, although his chemo never caused full hair loss he did lose a lot. 

As I sat holding his hat a couple days ago I looked inside and found it was full of his hair. I then sat slowly picking every hair out the fibres to put into a bag to keep.... The job was made more difficult as the tears fell x

• Hi Jane,

It’s not ridiculous at all, and yes its this blooming’ grief thing again and again and again……..and it just doesn’t stop, and sadly this is the price we all have to pay for loving our soulmates like we have done so and still do. But you know what, I’d go through it a thousand times over as it proves what we had was real and like you, I feel blessed.

So when we see these things and we know what to expect we’re going to feel so sad that it hurts, we just embrace it. Then take deep breaths during the sobbing and tears and then just smile and remember those beautiful memories that no one can take from us.

I hope we all find peace one day, Ian xx