I’ve been managing

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I lost my husband to Prostate cancer 2 years ago and I’ve been coping ok keeping busy but now my brother, who has had  diagnosed cancer since 2017. has been told it’s now terminal and has started chemo. With Covid and work I can not get to see him and I’m back to losing my husband again. This week at work (a small hotel) we have a brother and sister in their 80’s enjoying a holiday together and now reality has hit I’m never going to get that. Life can be so hard…….

• Hello

It must be so hard for you when your brother’s illness is bringing back all the memories of losing your husband. I hope you get to see him soon.

I lost my husband, Ian, only 6 weeks ago but like you, I find it hard to look at other elderly couples without thinking why was this future taken away from us. I am trying to stop myself doing this but it is how I feel and I should imagine, always will.

Life is cruel and so unfair. 

• Thank you. I know exactly how you are feeling. You take care, the pain does ease Hugging

H

• I can’t imagine how you must be feeling especially after the recent loss of your husband.  When my husband got his terminal diagnosis a year ago the consultant wouldn’t give a time frame.  She just said you won’t grow old together and that was so distressing.  Sadly she was right and he lost his brave fight 4 months ago at 53 years old.  I had my own cancer fight and had curative surgery but it’s always there and I don’t have my husband for support.  Life is just too cruel and it always seems to happen to good people. Thinking of you hms1956 xx