Appetite Change

• 12 replies
  • 29 subscribers

SINCE LOSING MY WIFE of 50yrs  to cancer I no longer have any appetite. Its been two years. I eat only because of hunger but never enjoy. Anne cooked all our meals.

Maybe a porridge breakfast. Nothing else for the day. Maybe no breakfast but soup and bread at lunch time. At best, a breakfast and a meal at night. Today porridge for breakfast. Chicken soup at lunch. Nothing more. Mostly ready meals for a main. I occasionally cook if I feel in the mood. 

I've lost 2stone with little exercise.  I like my continuing weight loss.  But I prefer beer - which has kept some weight on - because it satisfies a need that food can't.

Geoff 

• Dear All, 

Thank you for your replies. 

I so miss my Annes Sunday roasts,  cooked with love as she said with everything she cooked  including making a cup of tea. That's why Anne didn't like my tea; Anne said to me '  You didn't make it with love.'  And of course I didn't being a man. My Annes roasts for me were beyond my imagination. Tender sliced meat - my favourite was lamb - plus four veg and perfect crispy  roast potatoes.  

And that kid of mine was loved for so much more. Bless her soul. 

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hello Geoff,I lost Julia my lovely wife of 59 years back in February this year and I still can’t believe it. But I am blessed with my daughter who lives with me and keeps me sane, she makes me eat by creating marvellous meals such as Julia once did and even looks like her so much. She has persuaded me to renew my painting activity and to exhibit which gives me a reason to go on just like Julia always did. When I am painting that is the only time that my mind is not focusing on her, but when I finish I miss showing it to her! We also look after her lovely garden especially now with all of the colours she chose. Look after yourself ……I know that is so easy to say but I do it in memory of my ‘lovely’…….…Colin