Swinging emotions

• 5 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi,

Does anyone else get such swinging emotions? My husband died at the end of January after 40 years together. Yesterday I was furious with him. Today I am back in love with him, hook line and sinker. Trying to keep busy but I just cannot be occupied 24 hours a day. 

Viv

• Hi Tivvy

Ye been there, it is part of the grieving  process, i was angry, i cursed him, i even hated him for leaving.

Now i just love him, it has been 18months now, and it is getting slightly easier,

So you are not atone.

Tak Care xx

• Thank you Ellie. That is very encouraging to hear. I am so pleased that you have found just the love now.  I hate the angry feelings and I cannot wait for them to go. It is almost 4 months since my husband died so I am still fairly early in this journey. 

Today I just feel honoured to have had him in my life, but I know I will circle all round the feelings again, and again. 

Viv

xx

• Hi Tivvy

It does take time, each day can be so different, you never no what the day might bring.

I could not listen to the music we both liked, without crying, now i play it and sing at the top of my voice, sound like a cat really.

I have to say i smile a lot when playing them, as have special memories.

Take Care Ellie xx

• Thank you Ellie so much. It is just such a roller coaster. I cannot completely through a day without one or other emotion creeping in at some point. 

Viv

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi tivvy 

my husband died at the end of dec my emotionals have been all over the place I have been very cross that he left me angry sad every emotion possible I am learning to just go with the emotions and saying it’s ok to feel them learning to take some care for me x this is helping 

big hugs to you xx