This is going to be so hard a second time

• 9 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hope every one is doing the best they can.

I lost Tom 18 months ago now,\ prior to him getting his diagnosis i was being  treated for my cancer/ treatment every three weeks for three years four days before i was due to finish wham bam he got dx, 

He was by my side every step of the  journey the same as i was for him, he was my strength, my rock,.. he held me up when i started to crumble. 

It has now come back and he is not here, i know he would want me to carry on, but it is so hard doing it on your own,  when i crumble he will not be here to hold me up.

I know the kids are here but not the same.

To say i am lost is an under statement.  

I will try and do my best, he will be with me i know, though not physical , just feeling a bit sorry for myself aand thats not me,

Take Care Ellie xx

• Hello ellie. 

Oh I'm so so sorry to hear your cancer has come back, and sorry I haven't messaged you for a while, 

Yes I must be extra difficult without your Tom to support you, I know he's with you in your heart, I hope your children are with you as well

I'm thinking of you ellie and will message you soon. Take care as best you can, thinking of you 

Maria  xx

• Life is so unfair i lost my mum dad brother sister to cancer my husband was my rock i don't think i wouid still be here without his love and support sadly he wS diagnosed and passed away in april last year i fight each day with an inner strength to make him feel proud and keep on as my son worries about me everyday.

Take strengthen in your self and the love you shared Heart thinking of you and your family

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

sending you a big hug x 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Eillie,

I am so very sorry to hear this Cry Wishing you strength and love x

• Hi Ellie 

Sorry to hear your news but you are a strong lady and you can do this. Keep writing and we are here.

You have come this far and you can run past the finishing tape and knock it on the head. 

Sending you a huge hug 

• Love Alison xxx

• Hi Ellie,

I am so very sorry to read your news, Ellie. And of course it will be harder to go through it all on your own. Please remember that we are all here for you, please keep posting.

Love and hugs

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• So sorry to hear this Ellie. Sending hugs and strength

Jane

xx

• Oh, Ellie, sorry to hear that. You've always been there to welcome, unfortunately, all the new members on this forum. In the same way, we'll be there for you and offer you whatever strength we can. We can't replace your Tom and, again, I'm deeply sorry for that. I know how much you need him now.