How do you carry on?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 23 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi,

I am really struggling to cope with the loss of my beautiful husband. I just do not know how to cope with the unbearable pain I feel every day. I just miss him so much. He’s my best friend, my rock, my world, my soulmate. How do I cope without him.... by dragging myself through each day? I want to make him proud but I am so very lost and utterly heartbroken Broken heart 

• (The formatting is all wrong, despite my putting it in being correct, but I hope you can read it. And for some reason, it doubled up on my closing line that is my signature....)

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MarthaGM

That’s beautiful Cry️thank you for sharing Heart️

• Hi 

I am so sorry for your loss, you are right that the pain and sadness is indescribable and unbearable at times.

It is almost 5 months since I lost my husband and the only way I have got this far is by taking a day at a time and not thinking about the future.. as I don't feel I have one without John.

However I am in a better place than I was in those very early weeks, I suppose. My head is less chaotic and my mind is calmer, but life is still very difficult and sad...I still cry most days. I will always miss him so much, he was my soulmate.

I have been having counselling from the hospice where he was looked after and have found it helpful to speak to somebody who is not directly involved with me and my life.  it's worth a try, it may help.

Have you contacted Marie Curie as they offered me counselling soon after John died, although I didn't need it from them? They were very kind and rang a couple of times just to check I was OK.

Take care and be kind to yourself xx