Family support through the hospice

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all 

Only joined recently lost my love of my life on 12th of April  still extremely raw . Getting up in the morning takes an effort  posting on here at random points helps me express how I am feeling at that time

Having counselling is helping because the lady just let's me talk for that hour when it ends then the bereavement counselling starts in a few weeks and I am hoping that places start opening for us all to meet people in same situation which would certainly help me as I like that human interaction 

I was told bereavement counselling starts 6 weeks after you lose someone this is what st Giles told me 

I do not stay in doing my best to keep busy but not too busy as I got overwhelmed by it the other day that was awful

Rowane x

• This is a great place for posting how you are feeling. It also helps others to know we are not alone and as you have said that feeling of being overwhelmed is awful.

I find everything in moderation helps. I don't feel guilty for sitting with a cuppa longer than I used to, Today I ha done some housework, walk the dogs in the rain, had a phone chat with my mum. Some days are more productive than others.

This journey is very early for you and I'm glad you are receiving some counselling.  Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi Rowane,

It really is early days for you and myself for that matter and during the first few weeks the whole experience is a blur and it is a very surreal experience, as you just want to see your loved ones again as you miss their beautiful faces, and you just want to give them a cuddle but most of all, you miss talking to them and to get their reactions back to everything thats gone on during your day, even if its the most trivial things. 

Moving on to now and approx 10 weeks later and I still feel all of the above, and I know I will always love her, and I will always miss her, more than any words can say, but what I’m trying to do now is to live with this horrendous situation the best I can and to live each day as it comes and to live hour by hour and even minute by minute, but I also know that it sounds easier written down like this than it actually is.

I think bereavment counselling is a very positive thing and I await for mine which will hopefully happen soon.

Theres been a couple of times when I’ve been out shopping, where I’ve just had to get out of the shop very quickly as its just been too much for me, but I think this is the norm for us all to feel like this sometimes.

I do hope we all find peace one day.

Kind regards Ian x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Hi Ruby Diamond                                                                                                                                                                 been a while since i last posted i have been reading alot of the posts my counselling is still ongoing. have started massage therapy for the first time that was awful i cried through most of it.The lady  told me i was so tense due to everything i had and are going through. I will be going back to her  in 2 weeks time i am taking everything that St Giles offers me they have been fantastic and cared for my Dean right till the end they have and are helping me too.                   Coming up to 5weeks still waiting for Dean to come through the door .                                                                              i say to anyone take the help please it is certainly helping me                                                                                                  love and hugs Rowane x