Angry

• 17 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all 

sending big virtual hug and love to all those that need it 

anyone else very angry I am angry with the world angry with Keith angry with just about everything 

So I am in my previous  life not my one as a widow I am a calm person the one that could say it will be ok it’s only a water leak had a few of them this week you lost it don’t worry it’s here somewhere oh now finding out something can just never be found again and I never seemed to trip over well know I trip misjudge how far away the table is drop coffee lose my bank card normally at the front of queues 

no motivation well I try but why when you get no enjoyment from what you are doing so going through the motions it’s exhausting so all so you with me I am giving myself a break just if I get up,get dressed it’s ok working up to put washing on the line can say I have been out xx 

learning to put yourself first hard one if you haven’t even done that x go with your emotions tough if you’ve always been the strong ones 

so this week I went to church to light a candle not religious but just needed a calm place  and had an appointment both time was asked if Keith died of covid so in my angry state I firmly clench my lips and polite said no and I am not taking anyone’s grief I am coming to terms with the fact my husband died why ask what of does that make it more or less of a death rant over 

so I am finding comments hard so this week I lost Keith nope he died 

I am lucky we knew he was going to die well maybe not lucky he was in pain for 18 months treatment etc 

how many stages of grief oh gosh 

I did a lot with Keith I am beginning to believe there are a lot of people who don’t like there over half I quiet liked mine enjoyed doing things with him 

and comparing with other losses or cancer I am like then reaching the zone out phase please just see me now I am just in pain don’t need your story’s not the right time 

I suppose I am writing this for all those spouses if you are like me think I am losing the plot not normal so now with all the tears I have added anger well the only thing that’s helped with me with is them annoying phone calls I use my not so funny humour 

Learning there’s no one way just my way x 

• Hello Will6

At the risk of sounding inappropriately flippant, if I didn’t know better I’d say you’d met my mother in law!

Sorry if that offends, I don’t mean it to

Jane

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Will6

Talking about odd things folk say.  My mother said to me last March, ‘aren’t you GLAD Lynn died in February before the lockdown started’.   I said to her can’t you see I’m dancing with joy sarcastically.   What a thing to say, I was gobsmacked.

• Sorry, but I’m so relieved that I’m not the only one on the receiving end of inappropriate remarks. What hurts me most is that the worst things have been said by ‘close’ family

xx

• Oh I am sorry, that made me laugh. Not at you but in agreement. My husband had 18 months of treatment and NG tubes etc., etc.. So I have had huge piles of drugs to round up from all over the house. I have had several trips to the chemist to return them. Each time the assistant virtually recoils as she asks me “did he have COVID?”. Never a “I am sorry for your loss” or “thank you” for the drugs.  By the third time I wanted to strangle her Smiling imp. Nobody has taught her how to respond. Even my postman is a million times better than her Rage.

• 100% in agreement with your sentiments and comments about other peoples reactions. I so want to keep talking about my husband. But to everyone else it is over Cry

• My partner died. It was last year. Will always be important to me but yesterdays chip paper for most people. I miss my partner. Others might think of them occasionally or a bit, or not much. Finding ways to keep talking about them is tricky and not important to others. That's shit sometimes. 

• Hi Nellie

You can speak of your husband as many times as you want for the rest of your life. Unfortunately nobody will miss or want to talk about him as much as you but that's your RIGHT. 

You certainly won't be asked not to on here. Talk as much as you want!!

xx