My Husband died 15 weeks ago

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 41 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hello

My Husband died after a 3 year battle with cancer.He was a truly amazingly brave person who I looked after at home.

I returned to work a few days after his funeral and have continued to keep some sense of normality.

I now find that I'm having some really difficult days where I miss him more than ever.

I have a set routine and visit the grave each week on my day off,go out for a walk most days but some days I'm comfort eating and other days I'm upbeat and feel the grief is getting easier.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Rainbow, welcome xx

Yes, I think at some point most of us are coping fabulously then comes the crash when we don't.

My husband died not quite one year ago, and I lost 2 stones in the 5 months he was ill. (I am not skinny, I needed to lose 3 stones really!!).

Now I am eating for Scotland.

I think you are doing brilliantly sticking to a routine, and going back to work, but please don't be so hard on yourself when it doesn't seem to be doing the trick, and you feel you are backsliding. 

It's the same but yet different for all of us.

Glad you found this site - I have found true understanding here, and wish the same for you.

Love and hugs - Sue xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your reply DorothyOz.im so sorry for your loss.

I am unsure how long this roller coaster of emotion will last  

My Husband wanted me to continue to live and enjoy life which I'm aiming to do.

Have a lovely evening and thank you again for your honesty.x

• Welcome Rainbow67

Nobody wants to join this group but when you have lost your partner, soulmate, love of your life this IS a good place to come.

We all have varying stories, some have been battles fought for years like yours, some it was quick like mine with my darling Dave. The pain we’re left in is the same though; dreadful. 

You have done amazing going back to work so soon but as Sue said don’t be hard on yourself. 

Im still trying to come to terms with the whirlwind trauma that started January 6th and ended February 28th. I still can’t process it. I’m hoping therapy (when I can finally get some) will help. 
    This site has been a lifeline though. Everyone here truly understands. 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for your reply My Pineapple.im so very sorry for you loss . I had to return to work financially. The company worked for have been outstanding in their support and to be honest I find it helps me focus on some small part of normality 

I really appreciate your reply and hope things get easier for you soon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Rainbow67, this is the place to come, and when you don't want to come, you don't have to. Everyone here understands.

I'm glad you're finding comfort in any way you can, you have been through a whirlwind of emotions, and it's very hard to know when they will strike.

Take heart xx

Sue

• Hello Rainbow67,

As so many people on this site have already said........theres no right or wrong way to deal with this level of grief that we’re all going through.

This journey really is a rollercoaster of emotions, and the likes I hope we never have to experience again. You just do what you need to do to get through it, and do it at your own pace, and also follow the advice of so many people on this site which is “Be kind to yourself” as we all need to be kind to ourselves, although just like everyone else I also forget to do this.

Sending you a virtual hug and I hope you and everyone else reading this post finds peace one day xx

• I’m new to this group , I lost my husband in December he had cancer then got Covid . I had been with him since I was fourteen he was fifty three when he passed I am really struggling I think about him all the time and it’s tearing me apart sometimes I feel like I’m going mad , came on here  just to talk to people in the same boat as me xx

• I was a keep going, need routine and be busy person. 

It has worked for me! The only times I found hard was the lockdown when I ran out of things to do! 

Keep plodding. You will get there

Love and hugs

Alison xxx

• Hi Jenq

It’s so very difficult for us all it really is. You feel like someone has ripped your heart out and the pain is awful and so deep. 

I lost my 52 year old husband in February, 4 weeks today to be exact. I’m broken and just trying to keep on in the hope the pain will ease some eventually. 

There is no way around grief only through and no set way to do that, we’re all different as you’ll come to see from this site BUT where we are all the SAME is the pain and loss we feel. 

Keep reading and writing on here, we’re all in this and we are all listening. 
    xx

• Thankyou  Alison xxx