Holidays

• 30 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Good morning,

Feeling positive and motivated, but sure how long for. More coffee before B and Q open.

Not sure what people will think, I do feel guilty and unsure and now tearful, but my thoughts are if the world permits us to, how do we think about holidays without our loved ones. One minute I think go for it, next I think no I can't 

I know I am a long time off but want to go to Maderia next January to scattered some of Robs ashes to mark the year. But will change my my 100 times before then.

Any tips or ideas please 

Love Donna xx

• Oh thank you, MyPineapple. I don’t always feel brave, but then I’m not the only one xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

i too have been thinking about taking Keith’s ashes to Cyprus we have been going for the last 11years but also wanted to spend more time there after retiring so a bitter sweet trip x but our happy place to be honest I think if the world was open I would have run away by now and just found a beach with sun and stayed put away from everyone and everything put my head in the sand literally .so I have started to go through Keith’s emails forgot we rebooked flights from first lock down so not having a very good day our last break to an English sea side town was just as amazing as the the adventures we had so our last big holiday was to Thailand an adventure after a difficult 18 months my dad killed by drink driver so I can see how a change of environment can not change anything but maybe help the body to heal a little thinking next year really don’t want to be at home for Christmas anniversary so looking to go away with my sons x it’s a tough one because I just really want my adventures to be with Keith x 

big virtual hug to all xx 

• Thank you everyone,

I just want to run away and not come back but lots of reason I can't, know I will when I can. I have an old dog, Robs best mate, he not been too well with his arthritis and think he picked up on all the change of routines. Not sure he would survive in kennels.

Travel ban anyway.  

Just gone back to work part time, mainly self employed so feel need to show commitment as they been good to me.

I am having Robs ashes interned at village church yard but are going to take some out first. So my thought is a month in Maderia at Christmas which will take me over anniversary of Robs death. I will be going alone, dog permitting.

Been tearful today, maybe tired, been at work half day, gone are the days I could work full-time. Plus busy weekend gardening, The garden was the reason for moving to this house, Robs pride and joy, trying my best to keep up with it 

To sum up how I have been feeling last few days maybe weeks, is VERY VERY SAD.

Sending strength to everyone.

Love Donna xx

• Much love Donna. I’m very very sad too. I’m actually waiting on my sister dropping off her dog tonight to stay with me for two weeks while she goes to Scotland for work. I’m hoping having Leo will help a little... possibly not but company at least.

Much strength too! Xx

• Oh what kind of dog is it?, they do give you a purpose, make you get up, cook and I talk to him everyday saying now what would your Robert say?

Enjoy 

Donna x

• I’m sure you’ll love looking after Leo, it might make you decide to get a pet of your own. I don’t know what I’d do without my Basil. I’m thinking about getting him a pushchair as he doesn’t want  to go walks anymore. I’m going to be one of those weird doggy pram ladies ! But I don’t care Joy xx

• Chilli is gorgeous,  our first dog was a golden lab. He was from a rescue and was a lovely dog but he liked to escape and was a thief. Lots of stories to tell about him! Xx

• Hey Donna, Sausagedog1

Heres Leo... if I can work out how to add a pic...

• Love him! Would love to hug him!! X