Thank you

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello.

I read  this site every day and can relate to everything you are all feeling. I just feel terribly sad and empty. Our journey to this point took over three years so it wasn't unexpected but I had no idea that I’d feel so lost and unmotivated. 

Especially since last March when we first went into isolation all I’ve done is focus on my beloved - we shielded together and so now I am trying to work out where I belong. I can’t go anywhere even if I could get up and dressed , I’m not in anyone’s bubble, I guess I’m lonely yet I’m also quite ok alone. Managing paperwork, walking the dog, dealing with the house and car etc etc etc has never fazed me but I’m just doing everything without any emotion. I’m just numb. 
Your comments do help as I realise I’m not alone so thank you all.

June

• June, you are not alone I think one that is both surprising and comforting about this site is that we all realise that what we are feeling is not necessarily unique to our grief. That being said, each person grieves in their own way. But there do seem to be commonalities in it all. This is very "normal" for grief, I think. That feeling of not feeling. I attributed it to antidepressants when Chris first died, but the feeling of "blah" has continued, even after I gave up the meds and after over two years. It's as if every feeling is just cut short of truly expressing itself, if that makes any sense. I remember describing the first Christmas after Chris died as "monochrome." I couldn't think of any other way to describe it. And now I think life is quite monochrome, despite the fact that I have always decorated my home with a riot of colour. It just all feels so grey...

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi June, I can so relate to what you are feeling, or rather not feeling. I am okay alone, I don't want anyone else. However, other people seem want me. I will feel better someday, I am certain. I can already feel quite good for at least 5 minutes at a time. I have laughed once or twice at the TV in the last few months. I am still the same person I was before I met Andy, but I have to remind myself. I am going through the motions, like you, in the hope that eventually they will take on more meaning. What else is there? Much love to you, give your dog a pat from me xx

Sue xx