Coming back...

• 45 replies
  • 29 subscribers

I received an email from Macmillan the other day and it reminded me that I hadn't been on here in a really long time. The past year has just been one garbled up mess, hasn't it? I do think the isolation of the pandemic has been difficult on those who are grieving. Five months ago, I moved. Moved from the home I shared with my beloved so that I could be close to my daughter and her family. I don't regret the move. It gave me something to do. But, at least for me, the grief seems to be getting worse rather than better. It has been over two years since my dearest most loved husband died. And I still can't get my head around it. I've had bereavement counselling, I've been with family, we scattered his ashes last year on the one-year anniversary of his death. But the pain remains. 

I will never be able to get through all the posts on here that have accumulated during the time that I was not coming on, so I will just start from today. But to everyone who is going through this hellish ride of losing your love, know that I totally get it and I know how hard it is. I will try to be here more often. I think it helped me at the time. Hopefully, it will help me again.

Martha xxx

• Hi martheGM,

I lost my lovely husband last August, we were married for 47 years  and i still feel totally broken,  i know its early days but I really can't imagine a time when I'll feel any different,  like you i find this forum a big support,  and alsk have an amazing close family, but as you rightly say it hellish what we're going through.  Take care

• A big welcome back, sorry im not thinking straight at the moment. 

• Welcome back indeed. It’s almost 5 months, 148 days in fact, since I lost my husband. We’d been together since 1974. I’m still in bits- putting a bravish face on some of the time but hurting inside constantly. The support on here is so important to me as I go through this awful tunnel that so many just don’t understand. Nothing can ever prepare you for this awful empty feeling of missing someone who was your other half.

Take care, sending hugs

xx

• It's not like we can say, "oh well, that was fun while it lasted" and move on. I mean, I just can't. My darling Chris was my life. I have my daughter and my wonderful stepson and stepdaughter, even my glorious granddaughters, but I feel as if a big part of me died with him. 

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• Hi, MartheGM, kenickiesmum, 

No , nothing can prepare you for a loss, aa you say its our other half and they are no longer with us.  Beautiful words love is eternal,  i wear a locket with a small lock of my lovely husband's hair and a photo of his lovely face . He will be in my heart forever. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Bluebell53

Hi all.

Firstly welcome back Martha. I’ve only been in this group since I lost my hubby in December, early days for me. Life has changed beyond all recognition and I have fundamentally changed as well. I am almost having to start over as everything I thought our future would be us gone.

Some days are utterly miserable and I can’t honestly say I get joy from life right now. But, I have always been a positive person (something my hubby loved about me) and I hope I can find my way back to that way of thinking one day. My 23 years with the love of my life was much shorter than expected (he died at 52) but amazing. We always loved life to the full and had amazing adventures and a wonderful life filled with love. I want my heart to remain full of the love he gave me and that I will always have for him, it might just take a while to get there. 

Thanks for everyone who contributes on here as I find your support invaluable xx

• Hello Martha 

Welcome back. No explanations necessary. We are all together on here. It’s a sad awful painful unexplainable feeling that binds us all but just hearing we are NOT alone helps! 

Ive been finding it hard to breathe today. This site really is what’s keeping me going. 
    X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MyPineapple

Deep breaths and take things a minute at a time if you need to Allison x

• I’m struggling today I really am. I didn’t think the pain could get worse but it. Xx