Message from MyPineapple

• 45 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hello Everyone

I wanted to message all those who have replied to any of my posts so far as a sort of ‘group’ but this site doesn’t seem to have that option so I just addressed a new thread to hope this reaches you all.

That does not mean it is ONLY for that group it’s everyone so if you’ve never heard of MyPineapple and you’re reading this for the first time...Hello, happy to know you!

Firstly, like all people who join this site we get told not to use our names, or anything that might be like our names!! Flushed odd but we comply. That’s why I’m “MyPineapple”

Despite its oddness it does mean a lot to me. The first picture of Dave I saw when I walked into my sisters after she collected me from the hospice after he died was his cheeky face wearing a wee-willy winky night cap encased in a gold Pineapple frame!!! So so apt! So David. Dave loved his smart suits for work and looked a million dollars in them but this Pineapple picture captures the true Dave!!! So cheeky and full of laughter.

He loved buying daft silly gifts at Christmas and would come home with his bounty going through the stuff he’d bought... a Nuns calendar for my sister, a fox in a glass box for my Mum Flushedthis Pineapple frame for my niece! However I said “you know Dave, I actually like that frame!” ...”oh” he said... “I’ll have to do something about that!” hence adding the pic of himself!! Joy

I brought that frame home with me and was staring at it as I logged onto here for the first time.

So that’s what’s behind my user name and I like it but I also love, has someone just said, how we all seem to be signing off with our real names more now so...

Hi, I’m Allison xxx

• Hi Mypineapple, Allison,

It's such a lovely story how you came to your username, I really like it! As you can see, I wasn't inventive, maybe I should change my username to something else, something that would have meant something to Paul and myself, but I guess now it's a little too late because all people on here know me under my current username. It's lovely you are here and so much of what you've been writing and sharing resonated so much with me. I am only 38 and was 35 when I lost my husband, who was 68 at the time, there was a large age gap between us I know, but we didn't care one single bit, we hardly ever noticed to be honest. Reading your and everybody else's posts is so so good. I am not posting regularly but I read all the posts and I try to take part in conversations as often as I can. 

Love and blessings

Melanie

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hi Jane, lovely to have you here, I always love your posts! And I am Melanie or Mel for short. XXX

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hello Mel, Thank you for your kind words. I could say the same to you too. I’m the same- read everything but don’t always respond in writing

xx

• I read more than post at the moment but this site has been my saviour!! It will be a year on 5th April since I lost my hero-husband Colin  Heart 

My name is Sandra D  xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Melanie, 

35 is very young to be widowed. However I feel the pain coming thru for those older losing their loved ones too, none of us escape the sheer heartbreak that only we can describe. 
    I don’t always write either just have a read sometimes and I think that’s probably like all of us. We don’t always need to reply.

I might write another new message later about my crap ‘day after the funeral’ and I’ll mark it with MyPineapple if I do so folks who’ve got to know my messages on here can either think ...oh let’ see what Allison’s up to or think...jeez her again ..I think I’ll skip this one!!! Joy that’s fine too. 
    xx 

• Hello Sandra D 

From the movie Greace!? Joy 

• Hi Allison 

My name choice was quite boring its just my name and the age i became a widower 

It still shocks me I always thought we would grow old together 

I needed this group so much in the fist 3 weeks or so when I was going through all the different stages of grief it gave me somewhere to say how I was feeling without anyone thinking I was making a fuss or upsetting anyone now I do find i read Moore than post but do like to pop in a couple of times a week even though I do end up crying reading everyone else's posts 

Kate xx

• My name was after our last cat. She was named after the girl band who in turn were named after the character in Grease. Son 2 chose the name! 
    Hugs

Jane Xx