Grave space

• 14 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Colin is buried with his dad in a 3 space grave (I would've had him cremated but he decided a couple of weeks before) Today his mam rang me about the green form which is still with the council - she spoke to them even though I told her it is  safe there but if it would settle her mind to go ahead and ring them, they are lovely to speak to. She also asked about a new plot, if they had any 3 spaced graves-  they now only have 2 space graves. Now, I expected her to take up the space already there (seeing as she paid for it originally). Here's what she came out with: her eldest son has no partner so she suggests he have that last space.  Her daughter has no partner and no children and it's unlikely at 50 she will have any so her thoughts are she buys a new plot and they both go in there when the time comes.  There are 2 more brothers but they have family and can take care of themselves- her words not mine.  I felt quite upset when I came off the phone. I wish we'd had the time and more conversations to buy our own plot and then I would have more rights and say so, as it is I have none at all. I know there can be 8 cremated remains put into the graves. I think what is pi$$ing me off is I have ordered a new headstone to incorporate the original wording when her husband died 40 years ago (she didn't even like him!!!) It will be a 3 side vanity mirror style with Colins wording in the middle, Rons on the left then the right side for her. Now if she's not going in and John probably will I'm a bit narked!!! 

Rant over...maybe

Rage

• So I managed to broach the 'grave' subject last week when we were both helping Diane to move home. We were chit chatting in general and she asked if I'd heard anything about the headstone - leading me nicely into my proposition!! Maybe I was more brave because of wearing a mask and hiding my nerves behind it!!  I think she is seriously considering it but now I am waiting for her to come back to me.  Feels like a game of tennisTennis and the ball is in her court now Smirk at least there's some progress Thinking

Tomorrow is another day
  • Well done and Good Luck! xx

I know I'm not in Kansas anymore, and the Wizard has deserted me.
    I am studying wizardry, and getting a map. Broken heart
  • Looks like my luck has ran out Disappointed relievedI rang her to say the stonemason was starting the headstone engraving next week. It will be a year on 5 April since Colin died and we (me) are planning on doing the same thing as for his birthday back in October, a nip of port and Colin the caterpillar cakes, she won't be coming to that on Monday but going on Sunday with flowers, no mention of what time or meeting me there, anyway, turns out she's been thinking about the space and my proposition and has decided not to 'sell' the plot because it's been in the family for 40 years!!!  I had my hopes so built up that she would let me 'give' her the money for her own (plus her daughter)grave.  Gutted to say the least Cry I will talk to a couple of Colins brothers in the hope they might be able to change her mind

I don't think I like her very much at the moment! 

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Bootsy

I am sorry to hear all of this but if you wish to be cremated, you can still go in with Colin.

I hope your day goes ok today. The year seems to soon go by. I will think about you with your Colin cakes and port.

Love and hugs Alison xxx