Empty

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi All,

My beloved husband lost the fight to B-Cell Lymphoma only this Sunday.

I am walking around in a daze. I keep thinking he's gonna call me and say 'hey baby's but nothing. 

I'm not a religious person so hearing that he's with God now is not giving me any comfort. 

Will things ever get better?

Please help!

• Hi Max

Sorry to hear this but welcome to our group. They are all a great bunch here.

You will feel like this for a while and be up and down. Don't be hard on yourself. One step at a time.

It has got better and I think it is Ellie that says you move forward and not on. I love that phrase. But that isScream A little way ahead and we all vary.

Sorry for the emoji, it just landed! 

Take care and keep writing

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hello Kaz sendibg you a hug from a group that knows exactly how you feel and also how you are going to feel in the future too. Empty is probably the best description for the moment. I hope you have plenty of support from family and friends while you operate on autopilot with all the things you have to deal with that you don't want but unfortunately only you can No mouth 

Look after yourself and jeep your strength up.  Xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Even though I read that post through there are errors Grin but then again 'jeep' stands for -  Just Enough Essential Parts so maybe that was not a typo.. . Keep your essential parts strong xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Sorry I meant Kaz. I really need my new glasses on order x

• Hi kaz 

Glad you have found this group even though you would never of wanted to be here. 

It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I lost the love of my life ,the better wording that some used with me was at least he is not suffering now it's just us that are now 

This group has helped me a lot not only posting how I feel but also reading other posts ,knowing that you are not the only one going though this and at such a bad time with covid 

And I do prefer virtual hugs rather than proper ones 

Kate xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kate 41

Good Afternoon, 

Thank you so much for all your kind words. It feels comforting to know that other people have felt like this and have come through the other side.

We are making making funeral arrangements at the moment and it just feels so surreal. I am trying to do things bit by bit as to not overwhelm myself. 

• Kaz1203 so sad and so raw  -  must feel like he is still there but gone - so painful - he is still with you in your body and heart and soul. Painful times ahead so hope you can feel you can share it here - we all have our own unique experiences and all experience it slightly different with different reactions. But but the common thread is the pain of loosing a partner - that binds us and hope being part of lots of similar but different stories helps.  No magic answers here but a shed load of understanding. 

• Hi Kaz  its 4 month for me since my hubby passed and iv just gone back to work 2weeks ago ,but i remember  so well when i was like ypu walking round in a daze,this group really helped me a lot hope it helps you,i think hearing from people who are going through things similat to yourself sometimes helps a bit  take care X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kaz,I lost my partner in April and I completely understand how do you feel. It has been exactly 7 months today and I still feel like he is on the long business trip or something and he will walk through  the door again.. When it all happened,my friend told me : You will never  get over that,but you will learn to live with that. So let's  hope we will xx

• Hi Kaz,

Welcome to the group you didn't want to join ever. I've lost my love 3 months ago now and what I can add to what everybody said already is that it's not a straight road. You'll feel better, that's for sure because it's really really early right now. Then sometimes you will feel super low, but that's fine too. Embrace all the feelings you're having without trying to judge them or follow a conventional path. We each carve our way slowly, day by day, to accept the situation.

Regarding religion, it's the same for me, but I must confess that I feel more spiritual than I ever have been! Because without heaven and flying angels, you'll maybe feel the presence of your loved one at times, sometimes a bit randomly and it's a great feeling (also we're more and more convinced that she has taken possession of one of the cats). We're all energy (because atoms) and as you know in nature nothing is ever lost, it just changes. 

take care