Why do people just presume you are ok

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 23 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi all. It was the 3rd anniversary of my partner's death yesterday. I managed it fairly well visiting one of our favourite places and sitting looking at the sky and hoping he can see me and the dog thinking of him. But what is most upsertting is that this year not one if my friends rang text or anything just to acknowledge the date or offer support. Last year a few did this. I had two texts from his sisters that's all.  I couldnt get yo sleep last night thinking about how even so called best friends did not even text. Do people just think your over it??

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Exhausted17

Sending you virtual hugs too.

I hope, you are coping a bit better. 

Andrea xxx

• FormerMember

I've found that it's something that my friends want to block out. It hasn't happened to them yet. They have their partner and family and cannot understand losing eachother through death. 

• FormerMember

Hi all thanks for your support. I have managed to get through the week of the anniversary.  Must tell you this....thinking of signs..I won £10 on the postcode lottery and £25 on the premium bonds this week   on The first Easter and my birthday after my loss when I was upset thinking about not having my partner with me I won an easter egg in a raffle and £25 on a premium bond my partner had left me so that was my presents from him I thought! Hugs to you all and keeping strong xx