Soul Mates & Life Partners

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I just wanted to share something with you all this evening, something I couldn't understand until very recently.

As many of you know my marriage wasn't exactly a bed of roses, in fact it was the opposite. However, it doesn't mean I can't recognise it in other people.

I've read so many posts on here where the person left behind is bereft and so many years down the line is still feeling the same.

My Mum and Step-Dad were everything to each other, he passed away 5 years ago and for her life stood still, she's not well now she has vascular dementia, but she's gone back to a happy place where he's still alive and for her it's where she needs to be.

My heart goes out to you all, because I understand where you are all coming from when you've have lost the one person in the world who is right for you.

Lizzy x 

• Bless you Lizzy x

Love and Light 

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

What a kind thing to post Lizzy. I lost my soul mate ,best friend, carer & beloved husband just over 3 weeks ago I’m utterly bereft & simply can't see a future without him....potentially 20+years. I cry all day & am really struggling.

kind thoughts & hugs to you. Xx 

• What a kind post and thank you for that.

I am really sorry your marriage was so difficult.

I have to say that I am one of the people on here who knows that her husband was the best person she could have met. For me he was just right and so was I for him. And even though our relationship wasn't always easy and we did because each other pain at times, we came to the conclusion that this was part of it too and of being right for one another because We were able to bring out the best and the worst in each other in order to spiritually and personally grow.
    have been missing him loads recently.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Lizzy xx

• Hi  kernowp, i lost my wonderful husband four days ago, the pain and loneliness is unbearable,  we were together for 45 years , as for the future i just cant imagine my life without him.its good to be able to talk on this group with others going through the same  thing , although we all grieve in our own way, i hope your pain eases with time  and hope we all find a way forward, although at the moment it seems impossible. 

• Hi bluebell 53, I am so very sorry for your loss and I am glad you have found this group here because hear you have found people who understand because they have been exactly where you are right now. I myself lost my husband a little over two years ago and have found this group incredibly helpful. Love, Melanie.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Thank you so much, are things any better  2years on  for you .  Maria

• So know how you feel - me to.