Early days please help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 24 subscribers

My wonderful husband passed away two & a half weeks ago, I’m now struggling to cope more than ever. I can’t stop crying & cant motivate myself to do anything at all. I can’t concentrate, feel nauseous & am sick when I eat. My head is spinning & I simply don’t see a future without my husband. My sons have returned home, they’re suffering too but still have their wives, I’m here with no one. I have a few friends but they have husbands & lives of their own. I’ve rung a couple of helplines but they were totally useless & made me feel worse.

I can’t even bring myself to go upstairs to sleep, I’m on the sofa. I’m terrified & cant see a way out of this overwhelming grief. 

Sorry to be so miserable especially as you’ve all been or are going through this awful time. Just need someone who feels the same to tell me I’m normal.

Utterly heartbroken.

kernowp.

• I am so very sorry for your loss but I am glad that you find reading the posts on here helpful. Please feel free to share anything at all. We are all here to listen and understand what you are going through. Love, Melanie.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Kernowp,  I’m not sure if I can help, other than let you know what helped a little soon after Lynn passed away.   My wife used to have a favourite woolly hat, one with a furry bobble.  This hat went everywhere with me, around the house and soaked up my tears whenever I cried which was a lot.   Although the bobble started to come away on account of being carried so much. Now Lynn’s hat and her woolly socks sit on her pillow next to me.   My heart is also broken.  Please keep posting and we all do our best to help you.  Peter 

• FormerMember

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply. I’ve been crying into my husbands favourite cardigan & a cushion with one of my favourite photos of him printed on that my family bought me. I just feel so lonely & utterly heartbroken, it physically hurts. 

How long ago did Lyn pass away, I’m so sorry to read that your heart is also broken. Life’s so unfair.

Im not able to sleep upstairs yet, I suffer severe anxiety & am scared being on my own. 

Kernowp

• FormerMember

Lynn passed away 13th February this year.   We met in a car accident 25 years ago, when I found her trapped in a car unconscious.   My friend and I were driving by when I noticed a car in a deep ditch.  Lynn was critically injured and was in intensive care although I was only a passer by.  After a year Lynn was given my name and address and wrote me a thank you letter for helping her on that fateful night.  After visiting her I fell in love.  Although she had a mild brain injury, I wanted to care for her.   And care for her I did.  I loved caring for her.  I would do anything to get her back and miss her so so much.

• FormerMember

What a lovely story, I’d like to think destiny brought you together. My husband & I were pen friends, we decided to meet & were then inseparable for 39 years. Only had 13 days apart when he was hospitalised in June & we weren’t allowed to visit. I fought hard to get him home so we could look after him during his final days & it’s the only comfort I’ve got that he slipped away in my arms with our sons & his daughter holding his hands. 

Like you id do anything to have him back, my life is empty .

• Heart

Tomorrow is another day
  • That is indeed a beautiful story. So much love shines through your words.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.