Guilt!

• 21 replies
  • 26 subscribers

OK its about 7 weeks in and I'm OK (not really but WTF) 

I was invited for lunch yesterday by my employers and offered a new contract (teaching adults English) so all going well.

I am also a member of a group who meet to speak English once a week or so..(I'm in Italy) I was contacted on a certain social media site via the group about help with some English by an Italian woman of about my age. We met today for coffee and she is a very pleasant lady but now I feel desperately guilty. I have no intentions towards the lady in question and cannot ever see a time where I might think about anything like that.

So why am I so racked with guilt? I know Carla would have liked the lady but now I'm desperately guilty and all the agonies of Carla's passing are back. I had lunch with my employers (Two attractive Italian women slightly younger than me and felt nothing) The lady in question brought her daughter as well so it wasn't like a 'date'. 

So what the hell is going on in my head (I know that's a ridiculous question but I think i need to keep my ridiculous question standard up) anybody else done this??