I wasn't going to post this but...

• 16 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Yeah I know, it's a bit of a draw them in title, but something very odd occurred today.

This morning I was faffing about in the kitchen and noticed the Olive oil bottle I use for salads was about half empty.

I decided to top it up, tried to flick off the plastic lid with knife, dropped the bottle and the oil ran out over the posh wood floor. I did a FFS here and there and began to mop it up, then everything suddenly became too much and I wept like a child for goodness knows how long on the floor as I dabbed  (the mopping motion not the dance move) pathetically at the oil. 

Something seemed to break inside, it was very disconcerting as if some kind of inner door had burst open flooding everything with this weird pain and outpouring. I don't even know how long I was like that and one thought I had was a kind of calm I'm having a breakdown sort of scenario. (I'm not explaining this very well but I'll plod on) As my tears subsided I felt absolutely drained and knackered.

I met up with a friend this afternoon as she wanted to show off her new baby, but he has Downs Syndrome but again he's lovely and a proper little cracker and it dawned on me there as Jose Mujica said.

"In life you have to learn to keep on your shoulder a backpack of pain. But you don’t have to live looking at this backpack, you have to look forward"

So did I have some kind of breakdown, shit morning, or revelation as now I actually feel quite sad as usual but more content and accepting of what has happened? (Or am I just plain old bonkers?)

• Llizzie, just read your profile and really really sorry. What you have / are going through. Robbed of a future - harsh.  Thoughts going out to you. 

• Thank you Nellie. I am really sorry for your loss. life is just so hard and very unfair at times for us all! This year seems to have been particularly bad. You haven't had an easy deal yourself. My thoughts with you as well.

Lizzie
  • But what shite TV programme was it?? And who got through?? Come on you're only giving us half the story, look here's my bottle of Olive oil I dropped I'll share..

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

•  sevond try!!!

• Very nice bottle of Olive Oil. And bottle to go to a Barbecue,  hope you took a Killer Jar in case. And hope it went ok.  Shite TV was Bake Off the professionals, Sight of 24 identical profiteroles and a tower of something was just too much. They put in so much effort and get so upset when things go wrong, somehow I find it very moving. Maybe that is the pressure valve referred to earlier in the thread, needs a bit let out now and then. 

• I wish I had taken a killer jar, some berk was getting all handsy with a young guest and we had words, trouble was he was the host...

I think we are just a bit out of equilibrium with our emotions in this state...