Getting angry (Grumpy maybe?)

• 21 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I found I was getting very short tempered recently, in the car, now lock down is kind of over here, people getting in my way, things not working out right etc..

I've just finished the bathroom, new ceiling, electrics, tiles etc but the first two days bloody hell was I grumpy.

It was almost comical, we found a few remaining tiles to complete the refurb (there had been a burst pipe before Carla had inherited the apartment and the plumbers had just bashed randomly to find the pipes)

So sink needed to come out but it had been siliconed to the wall and took about ten tiles with it. I cursed my luck, the universe, Boris Johnson, Italy, Italian plumbers, some random bloke who I don't know who happened to be walking past etc etc roundly and angrily and was tearfully furious for a long time. But then started to replace the tiles and by some quirk of fate my last tile just did the job! It seems that ridiculous prolonged outburst had removed my anger (at least for the minute)

So anyone else finds they have become short tempered?

• Lol!! Yes- at the general public!! I  went back to work and people were saying 'it's my first time out in 10 weeks, I don't know what to do' and I 'm  thinking - stay at home you twit this things not over yet and I've just lost my man! But like the good slave I am say 'oh really? It's awful isn't it? GO AWAY!!! then am as nice as pie till the next f#@£wit  says the same!!! Really think I've had my days in retail, still got 9 more years till retirement lol!!!!

Tomorrow is another day
  • 9 years? But you type so young!! I know what you mean, other people's woes seem like child's play to us 'bereavers' but how can you say..

"Look sod off, my (mrs/hubby/ partner) died a few months ago, so I really don't give a flying f**k about the fact you can't find (Lentils or those nice green beans/ the depilatory cream you prefer or those ribbed rubber johnnies your wife likes)" 

So we do as you do...

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Yep!! 58 going on 7 lol!! I've been called immature before in not such a way!  I like your word 'bereaver' did some one from your class come up with that? Now go and get a glass of wine while I have a fruit shoot!!

Tomorrow is another day
  • Obviously I meant you sound so cool and youth full, ahem....

'Bereaver' Its my invention but if it's OK with you I'll have a small snifter of Amaro! It's terrible stuff, slides down so easy..

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mccmcc

Hi Both, 

Your post made me smile, and know exactly where you’re coming from, I don’t like anyone these days, especially other drivers 

take care 

Mandy

xxx 

• Hi,

You 2 have made me laugh out loud. I am much more short tempered than I used to be and Bootsy I feel your pain. I work at Tesco and have had it all day "haven't been out for 11 weeks", "what's all this queueing about", "it's all a load of rubbish"......the list goes on. Big signs everywhere saying PLEASE PAY BY CARD so everyone gives you cash LOL

And I have 12 years left! I have thought about changing jobs, but not in the right frame of mind at the moment, so I will carry on smiling sweetly and listening to everyone's problems as though I don't have a care in the world!

Ali x

• Hi Mandy it's good to have a bit of banter with you people I don't from Adam! We're all in the same boat and totally get where each of us are coming from. There are 'bereavers' at so many different stages on here we all get help/advice and counselling from each other.  X

Tomorrow is another day
  • Ali I thought it was just because I was past 50 and now I'm allowed to just be truthful but tactful  to folk!! They don't seem to get it that I'm being a bit early too!! X 

Tomorrow is another day
  • Bloody auto correct!! I said 'sarky'  as in sarky ffs!!!!

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi All

Yep definitely grumpy! I wrote that the other day!!

My mum makes me grumpy! She is unrealistic about life and it now annoys me!!! Lol. I have a sore tongue because life can be too short as we all know but I could scream at her sometimes! But I have s good laugh about it with dad ,( they divorced when I was 16). He just days you know your mother! 

People/ friends on Facebook drive me scatty with their narrow mindness and silly ideas. I feel like saying try loosing your husband! 

Today at work when they were all going on about loosing money with our pay cut, I was more frustrated about cutting hours! Don't get me wrong, I am.not rich but I don't need the time off!!! I need busy!!! 

So yep I am.a grumpy cow too!! 

Love and hugs Alison xxx