Grieving

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 18 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I am really struggling with the death of my husband on the 20th of March 

• Dear Nandy 3.

I am so sorry for your loss and can really do no more  than tell you I’m here and I’m sure others will be along shortly to offer  support. My experience of loss is of my father and godmother In the last five years - both such important people in my life. I now nurse my husband with incurable Myeloma along with caring for my 90 year old mum. Today was the funeral for my friend and neighbours father and I can’t even hold her. 

Your  loss is so new and I guess with the current situation we are all trying to live with you must feel so odd. Do you have family? Have you contacted a grief group such as Cruse? They have a free helpline.

My dear Nandy 3 please hang in there and keep in touch. As I said earlier I’m sure this group will be along with great advice soon.

Much love

June

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Will6

Nandy I lost my husband on the 21 March and would love to share a hug with you. I still find it hard to believe this illness is so cruel. I am just trying to take things an hour at a time at the moment try to take care of yourself. Lots of love Margaret xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for replying Margaret, I am the same trying to take things an hour at a time to, because I’m finding the morning particularly hard, Mandy xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Will6

Thank you for taking the time to reply when you’re having a really difficult time yourself. Yes I have contacted cruse I will call them again tomorrow. We have 3 grown up children, I can see our daughter because she lives near by and has been in contact with me with organising everything so I’m lucky there but I can’t see our sons, which I have struggled with. Thank you once again for replying Mandy xxx

• FormerMember

helloi Mandy I'm so sorry the loss of your husband recently and wish I had the magic answer I don't but you will find someone that says something on here that kind of comforts you in some way morning time makes me still struggle my sweetheart was in such a state. When she woke in the morning tears and pain and tablets.so I'm no fan of morning so good afternoon hope you find your way

• FormerMember

Thank you for replying 

• Hi 

I am so sorry for your loss which has probably been made far worse with everything else going on. It is still early days so one day at a time is what I would advise and there is no right or wrong. 

I was told not to ask for counseling too early but now I am not even sure it would help. To be honest I have found that I get the most support from my children, a good friend  who has had a similar experience recently and here.

Take care

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi,

I am 21 weeks into this awful grieving journey and I can honestly say it does get a little easier. You are in such a raw state at the moment and I am so sorry you are in this situation. The current lockdown has knocked quite a few of us on this site backwards so it must be even harder for you not being able to take comfort from friends and family when you need it most.

Just take it hour by hour, day by day. I found trying to keep a little bit of structure to my day helped, otherwise I would have sat in my PJ's sobbing all day (some days I did!) I have a little dog so had to get up and dressed as she needed walking.

Take care and post on here, there is comfort, compassion and most of all understanding.

Love Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Hi all 

I’ve had a couple of counselling over the phone  but I the loss and loneliness is still their  if I laugh at something then I want to cry because Diane is not with me to laugh with me 

every body is right day at a time and by the hour even the hour seems long and keep busy  in a routine helps too I go for a walk  every nite if I’m not home to late 

and I still have dark days  And sit at home thinking i hate my life I want my old life back 

take care 

martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Hi, 

Thank you for replying,  everyone on here has been so kind and taking the time to reply when going through difficult times themselves. I also have a dog so need to be motivated to take her for a walk. I understand the Pjs bit to because waking up in the mornings and reality sinks in, it would have been so easy to to stay in bed, but it won’t change anything.And your writing on here is helping thank you 

love Mandy