FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi my name is Wendy, I just want to tell people that I went a dating

site and somebody tried to scam me out of money. When you area

a widow or widower you are easy prey for these people

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi Wendy please be careful on dating sites we are vulnerable at this time and there are scum who will try and take advantage. Hope you are okay and find a path

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Wendy 

I'm sorry to read of your experience, you've just got to ask yourself what type of people are they apart from being the scum of the earth.

I hope when you say "tried to scam you out of money" that they were unsuccessful and you didn't part with any.

It's so easy to fall foul of these people and you have to keep your wits about you at all times which with everything going on in your life it can be difficult.

I would like to suggest, Wendy, that to help others that you report the site to your local trading standards office and the Action Fraud office in the hope they can get the site closed and stop others being potentially scammed.

You were lucky but you can help others who might not realise what is going on.

I hope that you will find a more reputable site and you find what you are looking for.

We are all vulnerable and can be easy prey we just need to be careful in everything we do on line.

Ian

CC