A MESSAGE TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

• 13 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Dear Anne, 

I know I wasn't the perfect husband.  I remember asking you 'If you had your life again would you  get married.?'  And you said 'NO'  I asked it a 2nd  time a few years later. Same reply.  Yet the last written message you wrote me on my birthdday before you passed was on  my birthday card. ' You are my rock. xxxxxx' I cried over that. And can't bear to read it again.    I don't know where this going. Being a little psychic   I've had coins mysteriously  appear in the  house that symbolise that you are OK. Yet I was doing OK till a while ago the shit is once again hitting the fan. Does this grieving never end Anne?  I don't know who you ever were. So introver Our sex life was magic. Yet you lacked everyday affection. No cuddles or kissing. You didn't like that did you?.  Well I needed it. As a police officer who came home after dealing with stuff you  had no comprehension off. You  just didn't get it. If I phoned to say I'll be late  home after a few beers with my mates I got a bollocking!  So I stopped phoning. And when I did get home you sneered and said ' You reek of drink.'  I just couldn't win. YET MY WHOLE LIFE I'VE LOVED YOU TO BITS. AND STILL DO Heart decorationHeart decorationHeart decoration

• Hi Geoff, no I'm glad you did, it's good to know that we are not the 0nly ones who didn't have the perfect relationship, but we did love each other so dearly x

Love is eternal
  • This is such a personal message to your wife but I think many of us could write a similar message. No relationship is perfect and particularly when we are going through such a stressful time as most of us have it can be difficult to bring all our wants and needs together. Paul and I had a beautiful marriage but sometimes there were harsh words and anger and despair and tears as well. I think this is absolutely normal. We all did what we could at the time. I am sure she would say this to you as well.

Love Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hi Mel 

I wish I hadn't posted it now. I was  messed up at the time. Emotions all over the place.

Love and Light 

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.