Nice quote and true!!

• 9 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all, 

I have just spotted this on social media and I think it sums things up nicely!!! 

As a reminder some people over function, busy themselves, & complete tasks when facing trauma, grief, anxiety, powerlessness. Some people under function, slow down, internalize, & need rest. Both are valid & respectable ways to cope. Neither is right nor wrong.

Hope all are having an ok day 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi all,

Thank you for that Alison, I always feel really guilty when I read that everyone is cleaning and gardening, I do those things but I have to force myself as I would much rather be sat on sofa under a blanket!

Ali x

• Hi Ali,

We all deal with things differently! If it is any consolation I have been less busy in the last week. I have had some thinking time.

Take care. 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison and Ali 

ive been busy at work all week but I still think about everything when I get home its worse  I sat down last nite and cried keeping busy helps but I can’t stay busy all the time I just give up sometimes and just veg on the Sofa and ask and beg her to come home the weekend is here how long will I lay in bed 

take care

martinx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi all 

they say you don’t know what you have until you have lost it 

I have lost everything I loved and know I have lost it  and just want my life back how it use to be  me Diane  and Ellie and Marley are two cocker spaniels  all together she was my rock  and they kept me fit and took up most of the sofa if they got a chance or tried sitting Between us 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

That is a true saying Martin, my hubby used to wind me up and i always fell for it, and he made me laugh every day, he had a lovely smile, and a lot of love even after a lot of years, just every day simple things really but mean the world some thing money cannot buy.

I hope the week is a but kinder to you, you must look after yourself, Diane would want you to.

Take Care Elliexx

• FormerMember

hey martin I hope you are ok my friend I'm always coming home from work and always get a sudden wave of that oh god she s not there hoping to see that smile again to see her waiting on me . Its mad when my girl was in so much pain in the end . I don't have any answers I'm still not coping to well . hope you find some comfort.

• FormerMember

Hi All,

Like everyone I also am really missing simple things like laughing at the same programmes on TV with my Bob, his beautiful smile, his strong body (Before cancer ravaged it) and just the way he would reassure me if ever I would get stressed or worried. As this lockdown continues my grief is getting worse as I initially kept mega busy cleaning everything that moved, gardened until it is all done and now it is all looking lovely I have no one to share it with. No husband, no family, no friends and it all seems pointless so last few days I've just felt "Why bother"!!!!!!!!!!! I feel tired and can't be bothered and very tearful. I feel as if there is a black cloud over me and almost as if i'm slipping into a dark place.

How do I stop this decline before I get to rock bottom. I just feel "Is this my life"

I know you are all having the same thoughts and I am not alone but just wanted to write down how i'm feeling in the hope that it might help me.

Thanks for listening

Sheila x 

• FormerMember

Hi all 

I have been busy at work try to stay busy at home then I listen to some music the other day then I started to fall apart being Busy does help 

ellie I’ve got a cupboard like your husbands shed where I keep all sorts but I do need to sort it out been meaning to do it 

Sheila I can’t watch the tv programs we watch together  does not seem right for some reason and I do not know why 

today I’ve got the counselling ringing me so I hope I can a chat  and it will help me  I been feelings really down all week  

but we all have to try and keep going even if we don’t really want too a least I’m being honest  that’s how I feel some days and I know the cv 19  Is killing people too and putting family’s in the same situation as us all on here 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

A close friend has described grief passing like  a kidney stone passing!!! Very painful but it will stop or at least change into something manageable. I really hope so for all our sakes because we have all been so badly hurt by this disease. 

Sheila we are there for you.