Love leftover lot

• 1 reply
  • 26 subscribers

It is more than 7 months since my Danny died and tonight I’m overwhelmed with grief and can’t stop crying. It feels as if all the love I carry for him just boiled over. I thought I’m doing OK, the isolation suits me well, don’t miss much of my external life,  I work from home and I’m not bored, trying to fill in my days in solitude.

Except, I just miss HIM so much. I miss the  little things, having him sitting in his chair playing guitar, arguing about TV programme, laughing at his jokes, asking me to massage his feet, cuddling in bed. I miss making him a cup of tea, I miss the coffee he used to make for me.

I wish this life wasn’t as cruel and the love  was on tap so that I  could selfishly spent it all by the time he’s gone. But it doesn’t work that way. The life has gone but my love still goes on, strong as ever. Sometimes I just don’t know what to do with it, and it hurts so much.

Love

Dalia

• Hi Dalia,

Once when I told a friend the same thing, that I didn't know what to do with all the love I still had for my husband, she told me to try channeling it into something else.  I tried painting, and to be more precise, I painted his portrait. I didn't keep it up as I'm not a very good artist. I'm only telling you this in case it could help you. I guess I didn't do enough channeling.

Love and hugs to you.