I am recently bereaved. I am finding things very difficult to come to terms with. I feel so much guilt.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I had previously been married and blessed with 3 wonderful kids. They initially found my new relationship difficult to come to terms with. However gradually they appreciated that I had met a good decent and kind lady and so things improved. My partner passed away in bed after a short period of illness. We were deeply in love and expressed this often to each other. Prior to me meeting her she had been deeply unhappy as told to me by her friends. They subsequently informed me that they had never seen her so happy and content and this makes me feel so grateful. We had so many plans... A future that I know can never happen and so I think this has been stolen from both of us. We had many things in common. I loved with her for around 15 years. It was true love which I never thought would happen to me.

I know I have been so lucky but I feel so alone although my family have been so very supportive and speak on phone daily.

Subsequent to her passing I have had had breathing difficulties and been to gp, had xray,blood taken and going for c.f. Scan on monday. It doesn't seen so important to me now. I wonder if I have long cancer or pneumonia? Thanks so much for reading this and I hope it's not too moany. Your comments may be comforting to me. Thank you.

• Sorry for your loss. Second relationships can be hard with children! Mine had its ups and downs with my children and his but it finally settled.

Try not to fear the worse re your self. It could be 101 things and may just be stress. You will read all sorts Into everything at the moment and it could be a simple thing or even the Corona virus maybe. Hope all goes well Monday

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi I'm truly sorry for your loss at this time and send my condolences to you. please try and go to appointment Monday your partner would want you to go , I've been once since my love was taken have to say I was a wreck after and sat in car park in floods of tears . I'm always a quite teary somehow on this god damm path . Take care my friend.

• Hi there, I am so sorry for your loss. I too can understand the difficulties you had introducing a new partner to your children, it took a few years for my children to accept Ken.  I am so glad that you had such a wonderful relationship, but can feel how much this now hurts. You are entitled to say whatever you want on these forums, we all need a place to unburden. Sometimes it's easier to write down our thoughts to strangers who understand than friends who have not experienced this and don't. I hope things go well on Monday and hope you post on here soon Pam x

Love is eternal
  • Hi There, I'm So sorry for your loss and how you have had a bit of a turbulent time with family. Your Love is still with you everyday and she would want you to make sure your health doesn't suffer. You must go for the CT scan and see through whatever the outcome is. 

You are not being Moany at all, we are all going through the Loss process and are here to support you whatever way we can. Just be strong as you can and when you are finding it difficult, come and have a rant or moan or just ask for advice here on the Forum. We always listen and put our bit in. 

Be Strong and Stay Safe

John

BILLYTHEDOG
  • You were  a blessing to each other. We were all lucky to have had such love in our lives. It's something to hold on to while we hurt and cry. It's because we loved that we're grieving today. I hope, like everyone else, that things will go well for you. Let us know what's going on. We may not know one another but we care because of the experiences we share.