Hi I’m Martin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 25 subscribers

My wife died two months ago  I have so many different feeling. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Think we all need to make a pact to at least try and eat better as this  seems to be a reoccurring trend between us all. Suppose that would give us all a little goal! I’m going to try and get back running again as that always helps my mood and I do need to get to bed earlier. I say this every evening but fail miserably but I am going to try again. I”ll let you know how it goes

sheila x

• FormerMember

Hi Martin

Yes it is good to talk and release some of your feelings, makes you fill a bit lighter and we all know where you are coming from.

I find the weekends are the worst and many others do as well.

Grieve comes in many forms, anger, guilt, sadness, not sleeping or eating. It has taken me nearly five months but am eating and sleeping a lot better now.

My hubby loved his garden and was always out there.

Now its my job, i used to just sit in it, but will have to learn as i go along, so i bought my self some new garden tools last week.

I will do it for him,and i know that would please him.

Glad you joined the group and off load when ever you need to, i do at times just to get it out of your system.

Hopefully you fill you are not alone here.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember

Hi Sheila 

I found eating porridge for breakfast makes me eat lunch  dinner at night mite only be half eaten or not at all depending on my mood  I found a shower before bed helps and you are right go to bed a bit earlier and think of happier times together  evening will be lighter soon so you can go for a run 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

My wife was only 51  that’s what I find hard  when I was at work the other day was talking to someone and the mans wife was only 35 and she’d died of cancer but he had 18 Months  to take it In 

so how is the gardening going  are you enjoying it keeping you busy and may be will have summer and you can garden  

yes this will help it’s good to talk  and get it out when I get home late I boil up inside now I know I can come on the site for chat

martin xx

• FormerMember

Hi Martin

Have not done any gardening as yet just getting prepared well the mind is, but am looking forward to giving it a go.

Its makes you realize we take things for granted., its a true saying You don;t know what you have got till it's gone

I realize now that is so true. There is so much i miss even the mess he used to make.

Hope tomorrow is a better day, i am going to watch some thing i have recorded even in charge of that i had to learn how to use the remote control he always had it, got to laugh at some things.

Catch you again.Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie

like you gardening was my Bobs love it was immaculate he even did the edge of the lawn with scissors. After he died and before his funeral A neighbour offered to come round and mow the lawn so that it had stripes on for the day of the funeral and on the day as we drove away from the house I pointed out look Bobby we have stripes on the lawn

So this yearI will be in charge of doing the garden and I’ve always hated this but I can’t let his standards drop can I. When he was So unwell last year we were able to afford a Gardner but this year things have changed and now as I have to run the house and just my salary I will have toTake on this responsibility. I know I can never keep it to his standards but I will give it my best shot

I am also I am alsoGoing to have to do a lot of other jobs that I’ve never attempted before but I suppose we are all in this situation

sheila

• Dear Martin

Take each day one at a time mate. Then you'll discover something you cannot even comprehend at the moment. 

Love and Light 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember

Now that has made me laugh i have never done gardening it will be a challenge, yes my hubby was the gardener  i used to sit in it when it was done.

But have got  new tools now and i am going to give it a go, its a mess at the moment with the weather we have had.

Your right doing jobs we have never done, i have taken apart a chest of draws, had a water cistern that would not shut of water kept going in, central heating has broke three times without all the paper work, but i got threw it all how that is a mystery.

I do not like the being in charge of everything, we always did it together. Mind you i have remote control now tv had to learn how to use that, i did laugh.

I am taking down his old shed, he wanted it down  so that is the next thing, no rest for the wicked, but it keeps your mind busy. and that is good.

It sure is a rocky road at times.

That's beside keeping house going, but we do get there.

You will do his garden for him and that's why i will be doing it i am going to make him proud that i can do these things, but i would rather he was doing it.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• FormerMember

Sorry it was shelia that made me laugh xx

• FormerMember

Hi Martin,

I lost my Belle nearly 6 months ago, I know what you are experiencing but trust me we have and still going through the process.  It will be a roller coaster process but you will get through it.