The 'Like' icon ?

• 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Dear all 

I may have mentioned this before but even so ......

As us all I read so many posts on our site  that are heart breaking. The content of which I DONT 'LIKE'  but what  other option do we have? I only press the 'Like'  icon just to knowledge to the person  I've read their post even though I don't  'Like'  the tragic content. Why cant we be given at least two other options? A ' Heart decoration' icon. And a 'Cry' icon ? I understand the Sue Ryder bereavement site has something similar to this now  but I've not checked it out. 

So just for the record. When I press the 'LIKE' icon its only to say I've read your post. 

Love and Light 

Geoff

• I agree Geoff, like does not always seem the most appropriate x

• Hi Geoff, great idea,! It's something that sort of crossed my mind when I click a like. I guess we do to show acknowledgement when we have read a post but don't feel we have anything to add at that time. When feeling down and alone that like means someone out there is listening. X

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Hi Geoff et all

I raised your concerns about it not being appropriate to press "LIKE" when the post is depressing or upsetting but you want the member to know that you have read it but to LIKE it would be wrong.

The thoughts going on behind the scenes are to try and have an additional button incorporated which would signify that a "HUG" had been sent obviously I would hope that, like the "LIKE" button a tag line would be appear showing that "" sends you a hug" hopefully this might happen in the future. 

In the meantime when a post that appears is sad and upsetting perhaps the answer would be for all who want to let the member that their post has been read that we reply simply with a few words, "Setting you a supporting hug" to let the member know you've read it and you are with them.

Hope my reply will let you know that something is happening behind the scenes and we'll all see some new developments in the future.

Thanks for raising it again.

Ian

CC

• Thanks Ian. You are a Star ! 

Love and Light 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.