Feeling very anxious about my husbands funeral

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 31 subscribers

I lost my husband on 13th January, he had pancreatic cancer and put up a brave fight, but in December the doctors told him there was nothing else to be done. It was like having the initial diagnosis all over again. Grahame went downhill very quickly after that and died at home. I am glad he was here, but it was so hard especially in the last two weeks of his life. Now I just don’t know who I am. I have anxieties that have reared their head that I never expected, I feel I don’t want to leave the house, but if I do I don’t want to go far at all. The funeral is on Tuesday and I feel each day closer I get worse and I know this is only the beginning of my grief. I am 52.

Rachel

• I'm so pleased to have come on to this forum and everything I am reading does actually mirror what I am going through the anxiety, not wanting to leave the house and when you do not wanting to be far from it. It's been a month this coming Friday since we held my husband Jay's funeral and altogether it is 8 weeks since we lost him. He fought for so long almost 2 years but the cancer along with continuous bouts of sepsis decided it was taking him and he left us on the 23rd June. It just feels like a lifetime althoughit's only been 8 weeks and I still feel it is so unreal that he is not here now. Mornings are the worse when I wake up and realise that he is not here now and sometimes wonder why I should get out of bed but I do in anycase and get up and dressed even if it just to stare at 4 walls. We had such a great routine going about what would we do on what days before he got ill but all that has gone now. I have a little dog that needs walking but even then sometimes its as quick as I can get him out and back in the house again. I just feel so lost at the minute. I have tried to start clearing things out but not Jay's I will know when it will be time for me to do that and for now I am just clearing out some of my own stuff clothes etc that languish at the back of the wardrobe and have either been bought on a whim or just never worn. I'm pleased to read that what I am going through just now is not in my imagination and it is normal what is happening. Yes if we all had a `magic button` we could press to make things easier. How good would that be. People are telling me time is a healer just hope it's true. Never felt like this for other relatives that have passed, but think if it is your life partner ( we had 40 years together) it can be so so different. My best wishes to you all. 

xx