Sometimes I feel perhaps I shouldnt be on this site.

• 30 replies
  • 32 subscribers

My dear friends. 

I read all of your posts and can't help noticing that so many of you have lost the love of your life when you were so young compared to me. Good people grieving in their 40's. 50's. And 60''s. My heart goes out to you. My Anne passed from pancreatic cancer aged 71. It could be said. ' Well she had a full life at that age'. And me being  74 some might say. ' Well you are living on borrowed time mate. Make the best of it. Anyone living into their 70's can't complain when the end comes. And those into their 80's are truly blessed.' 

I can only say that grief knows no age. It hits so many good folk below the belt and it's  so unfair. But particularly good people that are so young - including the love of their lives who  passed so young. 

But for me at 74,  and  6 months into bereavement, its too late to start a new life. I'm not daft. So I live each day from day to day, Some are OK. Some are filled with so much sadness. But for you younger friends, Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just maybe. Who am I to say? I've survived, and each day becomes more and more tolerable.Each day I see a glint of hope and life. So think of how you might be as time progresses? 

Love and Light 

Geoff

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Geoff,

Really Sorry to here of your friend Tony, take care,

Mandy

xx 

• THANK YOU EVERYONE for your prayers, condolences and kind words. I'm in a very confused state of mind at the moment because I'm now grieving for my mate Tony as well as grieving for my sweet heart Anne. Thoughts, feelings and emotions flitting from one memory to another.

Light and Love 

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff 

Sorry for your loss be good to yourself  and look after your self  I lost my best friend 3 years ago to cancer he was all ways when I needed I could of done with him now to buck me up some days 

take care 

Martin 

• Hi Geoff, I'm so sorry. Please keep strong and safe for your family and your friends, who I hope we are.. Xx

Love is eternal
  • Hi Geoff

so sorry to hear about your friend passing.

sending strength and hugs.

karen

Grief is the flip side of love
  • Hi Geoff,

Like everyone else, just wanted to say how sorry I am.

Am sending you back light and love.

Take care of yourself.

• Hi Geoff

Sorry for your loss. It is a double blow to loose another person so close to you.

Stay strong, we are all here for you.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi Geoff,

I was so sorry to learn of the death of your friend Tony.  Life, as we all know, is so cruel.

Please take care if yourself.

Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Hi Geoff I am so sorry for your the loss of your friend. Life can be so cruel and we wonder how we can survive. Sending you love and hugs to you. Please keep in contact with us all. xxx   Carol  xxxx

• I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. To lose such a good friend must be so hard. Love and light from Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.