Feeling Lost

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi I am new to the site.

I lost my fiancé back in may this year to cancer. He was only diagnosed at the start of the year and 5 months later her was gone. I am feeling lost without him as we have been together for 14 years he was my everything. I have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and been given medication to try and balance my seep and irritation and I am on the waiting for counselling.

• Hi there most of us on here are in the same boat welcome to the site sorry for your problems At least your with people who have the same problems with anxiety I'm sure corners will be on soon 

Ian
  • Hi Bella82

I'm so sorry you are here but we all understand your pain. I think you have done well seeking help with your anxiety and are waiting for counselling.

You will feel lost and shocked for a long time, but know we are all here to listen. Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Bella82,welcome to the only group where we don’t really want to be.So Sorry for your loss,it’s early days for you yet,and you are going through a hard time,But if you need to let off steam,have a moan or whatever ,this group of people are always here to try and help.itsjust gone a year last month for me,my husband passed away suddenly after being diagnosed three weeks earlier.I suffer from panic attacks and generally going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment but people on here are so thoughtful and caring,So if you need to talk don’t be afraid to post something,I find there is always someone here to listen.We are all on the same long road but everyones journey is different 

.Take care Val..

• Hi Bella82,

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is so heart-breaking to lose the one person we love the most.

I lost my husband Paul, after we had been married only for two years and together for nine, in May of 2018.

I felt very lost and very lonely for a long time. But slowly, very slowly, I was able to see that I could learn to live with the pain. It will never be easy nor will it ever go away, but we will be able to live with it better as the time goes on.

Come on here as often as you like and read and share as much as you like. It is important to do this. It helps you to know that you are not alone.

Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.