Birthdays

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello all,

today would have been his birthday. I know it will be a hard day to get through as it’s not yet three months and next week it’s our eldest sons  birthday. He just missed our youngest son’s birthday by a week. We did try and celebrate more of a joint cry though. So just mine then our middle son Christmas, then our wedding anniversary next year (he died four days later), then his anniversary and all the firsts will have been done.  So I’ve made a cake will ice it later and two of our sons will tuck into that and pulled pork and  hopefully I will have stopped crying by then. I mostly don’t feel sad then just every now and again overwhelming sad I just have to stop and cry there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s the little things sometimes a view we enjoyed. Last week it was a can of soup in the cupboard. 

Hugs to all xx 

• A big hug to you

Firsts are very difficult and sad. Whatever you do to get through those dates is absolutely right, there are no words that prepare us .

I'm ahead of you and this is my second year without my wonderful husband.. Our wedding anniversary is on 10th, our sons birthday the week after and my husband's 3 days later. We will celebrate and cry probably in equal amounts.

We can only do our best 

• Ruby diamond x
  • I know what you mean just silly little things will set me off went to a restaurant with kids we had been there before tears were welling up all the time 

Ian