Friendship groups Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi 

I just recently lost my dad - just looking to see if there are any friendship groups for my mum , we are in Northern Ireland . 

Thanks

• This site is the place for your mum to get support from others that have been through or going through the same thing

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Laura

Welcome to the online community and I'm sorry that you've had to come to us as you lost your father and are trying to find a friendship group in NI for your mother.

This thread started on September 13 and might be of interest to you the last two members who made contributions were

jennifer55 last post October 18

kittyg last post April 19

I was thinking that you may want to contact them by answering This thread widowed friends group, Northern Ireland and see if they still organise get togethers.

As kittyg was the last member to post might be an idea to message her first.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

The only groups I could find were Age NI with Cruse but as always there is always a waiting list to get to meet them.

Macmillans Support in your local area if you enter your postcode you will be able to see if any groups come up

Your local hospital may have a Macmillans Information services centre that might be able to signpost you to friendship groups.

I hope this is of interest to you and that you are successful in finding a friendship group

Can I ask if you do find one that you come back to the group and let us know as I'm sure that there could be many members who are looking for something similar in NI.

Please keep in touch.

Ian

p.s. It might be that if there are groups meeting you will be able to go with mum to help her settle in.

By clicking on any of the green text above will open up new pages for you.

• I'm so sorry you have lost your Dad and your mum her husband.

This page is great to share feelings and receive support from others.

Would your Doctor's surgery or a hospice have contact numbers for groups and counseling local to you?

Maybe others on here can make suggestions.

• Ruby diamond x