A huge step for me but - Looking for others under 30 -recently bereved

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi .. .. 

So I'm having the worst day.. and this is a huge step. I'm looking for other people a similar age to me. I am 24 .. that have been recently lost of a loved one / partner.  

I'm struggling .. it's been 3 months and 2 days since my boyfriend passed away and all I want to some people to console with that are in a similar (unfortunate) situation. 

No-one else understands .  Everyone else just gives bias ideas or says the bog standard .. I'm here for you chat. 

I hopefully look forward to speaking to some of you soon. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh God 24 and dealing with this pain 

I am so sorry for you loss I’m in my 40s though and so was my partner when he passed 4 months ago 

I’m sorry you have had to join this group  but welcome and keep posting it’s a massive step you have took and one that I hope heals you and you get let of steam cry vent what every you are emotionally feeling in her because we all know the pain 

sending you a massive viral hug Jane X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Ps sorry for my spelling I’m on my phone x

• FormerMember

Thank you jane.  Xx

• Hi

im in late 30 but husband passed away 11 months ago. its true that never feels like people understand. i get looked at strengly every time i speak about him but thats one of the pieces of advice that a friend who lost their partner gave, was to process we have to discuss. i find it great help speaking to them as they have been there and understand the stupid little things that the people around dont get.  if fed up of people saying an empty 'ooh it must be so hard for you' like its tick box when they dont get it as they go home to their husbands and family. 

i lost my mum to cancer at 27 and have lost dad and all grandparents. luckily i have 2 fantastic sisters and a yorkie that allows me to rub belly at all times of night if i cant sleep.

we are all here for each other

life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open and you walk into the glass

• FormerMember

Bless you, condolences as I lost my husband a bit more than 2 weeks ago. I am in 40s thought. 

I have been posting and grieving and find it very helpful. 

Sending hugs Heart Kristy

• Hi EOZ,

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I thought I would write to you and welcome you to this group, even though I am in my late 30s and so not as young as you. Far too young, though, to lose a lot one. We all on here are too youngand our loved ones left us too early. I hope you will find comfort in reading and sharing on here.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

WAY (widowed and young.org.uk) is a support group for bereaved under 50s.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I Understand why your looking for some of a similar age, a similar understanding of the way you see society ect. 

I am nearly 60. The thing is I was with my wife with no distraction since we were both 13 and I have been looking to find some one who understands my situation.

The fact is if you lose a loving spouse at any age I think we all feel the same pain. If my Audrey had died at 17 rather than 57 I believe I would be doing no better than I am now..

Keep ousting here, it helps so much. 

Xxx

• FormerMember

What I was trying to say is. Our circumstances are all different but our pain is the same as  in, much to bare alone.

Xxx